By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rock band 2 info leak

Read all about it here http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/686963/Tons_of_New_Rock_Band_2_Info_Leaks.html#readmore

I dont care Im getting GH:WT for Wii.:P Fuck Harmonix!

Edit - I hear people saying Wii online sucks or whatever thats why Harmonix isnt doing anything. Bullshit excuse. Vicarious Vision is doing all that shit for the Wii so Harmonix need to stfu and release some quality games for the ALL platforms not just PS3/360. It just goes to show what the bastards over there are really like.

Also online bands isnt exclusive to RB2 GH:WT also has it also.

• All songs from Rock Band and Rock Band DLC will be playable instantly in Rock Band 2.
  • New DLC releases for at least the next year will be playable on either game.
  • All instruments have full world tour status--so solo bassists can finally play the full game.
  • World tour includes all venues from the first game and dozens more.
  • If World Tour is too much for you, there are smaller "campaigns" that utilize DLC.
    Set-up screen for band navigation made simpler, so it won't take an hour to get your band rocking because your drummer keeps hitting pads!
  • Pre-made characters mean less time customizing.
    "No fail" mode.
  • Expanded online challenge modes.
  • Drum trainer mode will teach you drums, and includes a freestyle mode for just beating the skins.
    Improved system calibration
  • Jukebox mode for just listenin' to tunes!
  • Real guitar support: Fender is planning on releasing stripped, full-size Rock Band guitars.
  • Ability to purchase clothing and accessories for characters.

Here's the list of songs from the article:
    "Ace of Spades" Motorhead
    "Almost Easy" Avenged Sevenfold
    "Any way you Want it "Journey
    "Bad Reputation" Joan Jett
    "Chop Suey" System of a Down
    "Everlong" Foo Fighters
    "Give it Away" Red Hot Chili Peppers
    "Hello There" Cheap Trick
    "I Was Wrong" Social Distortion
    "Kids in America" The Muffs
    "Livin' on a Prayer" Bon Jovi
    "Panic Attack" Dream Theater
    "Pinball Wizard" The Who
    "Pump it Up" Elvis Costello
    "Rock 'n Me" Steve Miller Band
    "Testify" Rage Against The Machine
    "White Wedding Pt." 1 Billy Idol

Around the Network

them drums look stupid

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER

I dont care Im getting GH:WT for Wii.:P

agreed with that

those are the $300 premium drums that you don't have to get. The bundled drums will be the same as the old ones with pressure sensitvity added.

A couple of things that really excite me: DLC is better integrated into World Tour, and Jukebox mode that lets you listen to songs! If only you could convert them all to mp3's...life would be complete.

Also, I wonder what the "real guitar" support really means. Hopefully my own Game Informer will tell me when I get it.

I'll definitely be getting the Guitar bundle since I still need a bass, so I hope that is appropriately priced ($80-90). That wiill be half the price of GH4 bundle will cost me, so I'm only doing that if they finally stop sucking on DLC.

@i love xbox360
Agreed.

@pich_pichu
Mega agreed!!!

Around the Network

Not to insult, but any Wii owners would be sadomasachistic to purchase any Rock Band product over a Guitar Hero game, imo. Here is my justification for that bold statement:

Guitar Hero had an issue. Mono sound. They fixed it for free, and sent Wii owners free face plates. They treat the Wii like a serious console with their games. They ship the Wii version at the same time. They will have DLC for the Wii version in the new game.

Rock Band Wii and all of its creators should be ashamed for the garbage port they delivered.

I don't even own a Wii anymore, but I wouldn't buy Rock Band just because of that fact. Screw em. Lost me as a customer. Rock Band 2 can kiss my ass.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Don't forget to mention that drum kit is an actual electric drumkit so it is not just for the game. The game looks awesome. Online World Tour and Battle of the Bands Online. I cannot wait for this game.

I dont know i think ea or harmonix made a bad decision with rockband 2 releasing only for 360 if gt world tour releases 1 month after that maybe most people will gh world tour and not wait for rock band 2 but u never know.

Tbone said:
I dont know i think ea or harmonix made a bad decision with rockband 2 releasing only for 360 if gt world tour releases 1 month after that maybe most people will gh world tour and not wait for rock band 2 but u never know.

Plus, don't you think the game is probably already being rushed out, so it'll have a launch window similar to Guitar Hero, and in turn won't have to worry about early adopters picking the competitors product like what happened with Guitar Hero 3?

Bad move Harmonix. Bwahaha! I hate you Harmonix. Feel the glaring hatred.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Tbone said:

m$ probally gave them a truck load of money

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER