By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What University will/have/are you going to?

I was just wondering where everyone has/will/are going to for college seeing as that time is nearing.

This fall I am going to the fantastic Florida State University, mainly because its a good college but is pretty cheap to go to. It was either that at 3000$ for tuition, or Miami University for 30000$. FSU is the obvious choice. I also is in the real South, which I love.

So what about you? Who do you rep and why?

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Around the Network

Université Laval - established in 1663.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universit%C3%A9_laval

EDIT: I graduated in 2004.

Ehm... I'm already done with University... but I will be back there as a temp-teacher... again.. Avans hogeschool FTW!!!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I'm looking at going to the University of Durham in two years time (once I've finished college).

Undergrad
Southern Methodist Univiersity - Got my bacholors in Computer Science and I could have had a minor in Math if I had bothered to declare it (whoops). I really wouldn't recommend SMU for a CS degree by the way.

I started in 2000 and graduated in 2005. I kind of took an extra year (my victory lap) since I didn't believe in studying, doing homework, or going to class my freshman year. My piece of advice to people going to their first year: even if it's an 8AM class go to class.

Grad School
The Guildhall at SMU - I decided to say screw computer science and went into Level Design with a specialization in scripting and loved every minute of it. I started in 2005 shortly after graduating and not being able to find a job so I was going to go to grad school for AI but then had a buddy that was applying for the Guildhall and decided to try it on a whim. I threw together a portfolio of hand drawn Dungeons and Dragons maps I had made, did their portfolio assignments, and handed it in a week or two past deadline (whoops again, though I didn't start until after the deadline) and made it in.

I started in 2005 and graduated pretty high in my class in 2007. I forgot who was top in GPA (I was close I'm sure) but definitely one of the top LD's skillwise (especially scripting) though I was one of the last to find a job (mainly because I didn't want to leave the Dallas area).

Around the Network

VU (Free university) Amsterdam. Still going there, just finished my Bachelor.

Aparantly It spawned the current prime minister and minister of Finance + the previous ministre of finance. Looks cool.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Undergrad I went to Michigan Technological University. which sucked

grad I'm going to UW: Milwaukee, which sucks far less.

I graduated from University of Calgary back in 2003 (or 4?) with a Comp Sci Bachelor, but I'm planning on going back in a few years to a dif university likely to get another undergrad in Geology probably.

I go to Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo León (Autonomous University of Nuevo León)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UANL

I study Industrial Design.

Georgia State University right in the heart of Atlanta. Its probably everything that FSU is except when it comes to sports. We are getting a football team soon but i dont expect much from it and i doubt it will be any good.

psn:murkinem         

currently playing: