By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has anyone ever heard of the Phantom System?

I´m guessing probably not. When I was young, I played a bunch of NES games. However, I never played them on the NES System. Apparently, back then Nintendo had no desire to release her console in Brazil, so one company (Gradiente) decided to do a clone console.

The Phantom System possessed the same 8-bit platform of the NES and strangely enough its joystick was similar to the MegaDrive one. The Phantom System was very sucessful becoming the most bought NES clone. I boght, used it to death and loved.

Nintendo then got smarter and released the SNES in my country, which I also bought and loved even more.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Around the Network

thats all about megadrive controllers that made it sell, the fact it had many nes games didnt do a thing for it, so neh neh neh lol

I had one. The controller was shit. The reason I only enjoyed Nes games after the N64 era was the Phantom System. Not only it was worse than the Nes, I bought mine with some of the crapiest games ever: Baby Boomer and Ghostbusters. At least I bought Mario and Double Dragon later (that saved me from hating video games forever).

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

I bought it with Ghostbusters. And, of course, Mario and Double Dragon where two gems that started my gaming addiction.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

ItsaMii said:
I had one. The controller was shit. The reason I only enjoyed Nes games after the N64 era was the Phantom System. Not only it was worse than the Nes, I bought mine with some of the crapiest games ever: Baby Boomer and Ghostbusters. At least I bought Mario and Double Dragon later (that saved me from hating video games forever).

Baby Boomer, OMG, I forgot about that awfull awfull unlicenced piece of ....

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

Around the Network

I thought you were refering to the Infinium Labs console titled The Phantom (which was the most appropriate console name ever) ...

From Wikipedia:

In 2002, the startup company Infinium Labs issued a press release to all news outlets stating that they would soon release a "revolutionary new gaming platform" that would offer an on-demand video game service, delivering games via an online subscription. The press release contained no specific information, but did include a computer-generated prototype design. Due to the excessive use of buzzwords and a suspicious lack of details, the product was derided almost from the start by news sites such as IGN and Slashdot and the popular comic strip Penny Arcade. In an episode that gained wide publicity, the hardware and gaming site [H]ard|OCP researched and wrote an extensive article on the company and the operation, and faced a defensive lawsuit in turn. It also received the first place in "Vaporwares 2004" in Wired News.[5]

It was a very rough start as a gamer. I got my system bundled with Ghostbusters. Later my mom got me the zapper and Baby Boomer. Much later I got my dirty fingers on Double Dragon and Mario and finally experienced a good game. For someone who was 5 at the time, Nes games were too hard. I could not even finish Chip n` Dale or The Little Mermaid (got a weird bug at the last boss).

And if anyone had a Nes and did not play Zelda or Castlevania, you should buy it on VC now.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

HappySqurriel said:

I thought you were refering to the Infinium Labs console titled The Phantom (which was the most appropriate console name ever) ...

From Wikipedia:

In 2002, the startup company Infinium Labs issued a press release to all news outlets stating that they would soon release a "revolutionary new gaming platform" that would offer an on-demand video game service, delivering games via an online subscription. The press release contained no specific information, but did include a computer-generated prototype design. Due to the excessive use of buzzwords and a suspicious lack of details, the product was derided almost from the start by news sites such as IGN and Slashdot and the popular comic strip Penny Arcade. In an episode that gained wide publicity, the hardware and gaming site [H]ard|OCP researched and wrote an extensive article on the company and the operation, and faced a defensive lawsuit in turn. It also received the first place in "Vaporwares 2004" in Wired News.[5]

That was my thaught exactly . I actually let the console to " apear on my radar " afther I read an article about it :?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I played Castlevania, but I don´t remember playing Zelda. I did play Zelda on the SNES though.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

nope...lol