By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - big mistakes sony made with ps3 and I don't see real plans

hi everyone

i think ps3 could've done much better,,  and could've hurt the 360 sales -the 360 sales are good-

i think losin the exclusivity of gta is one of the big -if not the biggest- mistakes,,

i think the price wasn't a big problem since they could change the price ,,

I thought sony had a plan ,,  like bringing brand new exclusive games ,,  but i don't see that

and if there is a plan ,, WHEN??? will it be too late????

apologies if this is a repeated thread :)

Around the Network
blackstar said:

Accepted.

I think even PS3 fans know that Sony made big mistakes this generation (actually, most of them were made before this gen began...). They are beginning to rectify their mistakes and fulfilling some promises to fans now, it comes at a point were they cannot catch the Wii, but most likely will catch the 360.
I own a Wii and 360 by the way, I was going to get a PS3 at launch but all the mistakes put me off such as the very late launch in Europe, high price and lack of any worthy games and launch.

Consoles Owned: XBOX 360, Wii, DS and PSP.

I'm pretty sure this thread has been made at least once or twice by almost every poster on this site.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Hi, kira.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

IMO, the only mistake Sony made was the price. Had they released a non Blu-Ray option for PS3 at $300-$350, they would have crushed their competition. At this point, no matter what they do, it'll be impossible to catch the leader, the Wii. They do have a chance to surpass the XB360, depending how they get Japan more interested in the PS3, since the XB360 doesn't have the appeal in that region. In the US, the PS3 and XB360 will be close in sales, but Japan and others will decide who is on top between the two.

People in the industry begged Sony to rethink their $600 price tag when it was announced, but Sony wouldn't listen. Every company makes some fatal mistake that kills their control/popularity in the industry at some point. Nintendo pissed off a lot of people when the N64 was in development, which opened up the opportunity for Sony to take over. Now Sony dropped the ball and Nintendo took back over. The question is, what will Nintendo do down the road to make themselves unpopular and let MS or Sony back on top?

blackstar said:

no biggie.... At least it's not on the same day or same week like the others.

OT: They had a chance. A lot of games that were supposed to be exclusive to PS3 suddenly shifted to 360. I read in some article about GTA4 exclusivity(I forgot where the link is). Rockstar was willing to make GTA4 exclusive for the PS3 but negotiations never came through. MS tickled Rockstar with their needs such as the 50(was it a million?) deal then viola. GTA4 is now cross platform.

Don't take my word so much but that's what I read.

Talking about market share in America, the ps2 in 2003 about 62%. Now the ps3 market share is 17.6% in America. Mistakes have been made.

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

You can trace most of the mistakes to the Sony Press Conference at E3 2006. I think everyone knew at that point that there were arrogance and management issues in Sony.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

*Glances over at his shiny new Doom & Gloom meter*
Huh?!?
WHAT'S THIS?!?
NO!!!
IT CAN'T BE....
SHIT IT IS...
IT'S OVVVAAH NINE THOUUUUSUAND!!!!!!!!!

Sure Sony's botched a few things with the PS3, but at the same time soooo much good came out of it. At the sacrifice of gaming market share, they've established a new disc medium, strengthened they're online network, in the process of fleshing out they're online store to support digital downloads of the future, established a processor for which I think they'll be using in the PS4 and have introduced some seriously solid new exclusives (Resistance, Uncharted, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, the BEVY of PSN games, etc etc.).

All in all I would definitely say they've slammed themselves at the moment for funds and what not, but they seem to be hand grooming themselves for the future (and or 10 year haul), and in reality they didn't technically lose much, they still got the titles, just the 360 got them as well :P Sony's a strange ass company I'll give you that, but they generally have some wonked out plan that by acts of god pan out in the end for some cause of theirs.

Taking a look at it now, they could have done this, and they could have done that, but this is what they've done, and I think how they're dealing with it is friggin awesome :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.