By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Time Capsule Thread: Your Year-End Hardware Predictions

I wanted to try something here. I'm going to set some guidelines for this thread, and I really hope you follow them, though of course I have no way of enforcing them. It's a very simple concept. Everyone state your predictions for total worldwide hardware sales for the 3 home consoles and 2 portable consoles by January 1st, 2008. I will make a sample post below. Please don't make any commentary or trolls or anything else, just your numbers. We'll keep this going until April 1st, then leave it alone until next year, when we can pull it up and discuss how close we all got. Again, I have no control over anyone's post, but I would really appreciate it if everyone would oblige me and actually follow the guidelines. Anyone can feel free to make an accompanying thread for comments. 7 weeks, 1 day until April 1st.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

Around the Network

Wii: 14m Xbox360: 12.5m PS3: 5m DS: 54m PSP: 24m

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

Wii- 16 million X360- 14 million PS3- 10 million DS- 55 million PSP- 26 million

Wii- 15.5 million X360- 14 million PS3- 9 million DS- 60 million PSP- 28 million

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Cumulative bases: Japan North America Others Total (05'-07') Wii 6 million 6 million 4 million 16 million PS3 3 million 4 million 2.5 million 9.5 million 360 .5 mill 9 million 7 million 16.5 million DS: 50 million (20-14-16) PSP: 29 million (8-11-10)

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

Wii - 10million 360 - 14 million PS3 - 10million

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

You apparently not many people liked my idea...pity, I thought it would be fun.

Kwaad said: Wii - 10million 360 - 14 million PS3 - 10million
LOL! You had to include a VERY biased opinion didn't you?

Alright, fuck the paremeters, everyone just talk about what you think the console war will look like in January '08. Be sure to be able to back up your reasoning with...something...anything...please. (Yes, I'm looking at you, you know who you are.)

Sintinel said: You apparently not many people liked my idea...pity, I thought it would be fun.
I actually agree with you once. I posted my numbers. I dont need to say more.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!