By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Time Capsule Thread: Your Year-End Hardware Predictions

The parameters were too strict. How about you let us change it once a month? This will be my change. 360 is already already over 9 million...It will sell at least 1 million in December...I think estimating it for 12 million at the end of the year is pretty low. The graph I made adjusting for the fluctuations to be expected shows 360 reaching around 15 million by the end of the year. PS3 can reach 8-9 million I think. Wii sold 3.19 million in essentially 4 weeks (take the two extra north american weeks, and give one to Japan for week one in december, and one to europe for week one in december). It has sold like 2 million this year (at least)..it will sell better at the end of the year then it did last year I think. 16-20 million total sold is reasonable.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

I'll change my numbers. Wii - 16million (Changed from 10million) 360 - 14 million PS3 - 10million

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Aw come on, man, that was such an ass-cover. Make a prediction within 1m. You're like a politician, "I will end our military presence in Iraq in 2-6 years."

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

Sintinel said: Aw come on, man, that was such an ass-cover. Make a prediction within 1m. You're like a politician, "I will end our military presence in Iraq in 2-6 years."
I didnt mean 10 to 16million. I meant changed from 10, now 16. I'll edit it. EDIT: I'm not changeing my PS3 or 360 numbers tho. I still hold firm with the PS3 numbers, and the 360 numbers seem where they should be as well.

But if we get to change our numbers: Wii: 17m X-360: 13.5m PS3: 6.5m DS: 55m PSP: 26m

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

Around the Network

Ah...I got ya now.

Do you seriously think they will sell only 4.5million more PS3's this year? There are 11 VGchart months left in 2007. they sold 250,000 in January. I seriously think there will be at least 200,000 in febuary. Give 300,000 in March. (all the great new games) Back down to about 240,000 in april, and bottom out at around 200,000 in may agian. Come june, I expect the summer hike of PS3's and new info from E3 to propel the PS3 to roughly 400,000 in june, backed down to 300,000 in july, 260,000 in august, with the few Fall releases starting to kick in, jump up to 300,000 in sept. oct. And with holiday demand in full swing for november and december. 1.5million between the combined months. I'm guessing at 4.0 million PS3's sold in NA from febuary to december. Europe, I would guess would follow suit with 2.75 And japan is a curve ball. I'd say 3million by the end of 2007. So Roughly 5million NA about 3million EU and 3million Asia. 11million

Obviously I can't read the future, so I have no idea. However, I would be extremely surprised if the PS3, with everthing it's got going against it, and with two other, cheaper, competitors, can sell more than the 360 did last year when it had the next-gen market to itself. I just don't see it happenning. That's where I got 6.5m. The 360 sold ~8m by Jan 1st, so I just subtraced a mil and half from that.

There are less than '11 Vgcharts months'. Don't really know what the cutoff data for Others and Americas is, but the cutoff is February 25 for Japan. Its more like 10 months and a week to account for North American and Euro tracking I would imagine. 3/4 of a month is like a 250,000 to 750,000 unit difference per console in worldwide data.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Sintinel said: Obviously I can't read the future, so I have no idea. However, I would be extremely surprised if the PS3, with everthing it's got going against it, and with two other, cheaper, competitors, can sell more than the 360 did last year when it had the next-gen market to itself. I just don't see it happenning. That's where I got 6.5m. The 360 sold ~8m by Jan 1st, so I just subtraced a mil and half from that?
Ahh ok. I understand that. But I dont get why you think the 360 is selling better than PS3... but hey, it's you not me. :P