By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Companies May Develop a Console or Handheld?

EA is the most likely candidate. Imagine what kind of leverage they would hold if they had their own exclusive console and you couldn't get Madden, Live, Tiger, NHL, FIFA, etc. on any other console. You'd have a built-in audience of sports gamers who'd snap it up at the right price.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Around the Network

The Atari 8000. Believe it.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

probably EA or SE

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

dougsdad0629 said:
EA is the most likely candidate. Imagine what kind of leverage they would hold if they had their own exclusive console and you couldn't get Madden, Live, Tiger, NHL, FIFA, etc. on any other console. You'd have a built-in audience of sports gamers who'd snap it up at the right price.

Except that the side effect would be that any exclusivity deals EA had worked out with the Major Leagues would disapear (they want games based on the league across all platforms) and they would potentially have new competition from Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, Activision, Take 2 and several other major publishers ...

The market has never really been able to support more than three consoles.
This has been true for more than a quarter century. Even with the market getting larger, I don't see this changing. So I see no one entering. Who would want to produce the next Atari Jaguar or 3DO or NeoGeo (famed fourth consoles).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

The only company that I could see as a remote possibility would be Apple and I think Apple would make a handheld instead of a console. I also can see totalwar23's point of several computer manufacturers coming together to make a console, but I think that is more of a remote possibility.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

PSN ID: smj1860

Apple,EA and Sega.

apple, EA

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Apple already has a console. The iPhone/iPod touch. There will be no other gaming devices from major manufactures, the market is already overcrowded.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

If either Sony or MS drop out I could see Sega taking another crack, they have experience are having a pretty decent resurgence and would profit if they could rebuild their first party franchises back up to not being total shiet.