By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - First Glimpse of Half Life 2: Episode 3

Do want. Good thing I'm about to buy a new video card.

Around the Network

Any idea if this is going to be a stand alone release or DLC?

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

I really want Episode 3.
DMeisterJ, you have to agree that it's better to wait a bit more than a year than 5 years, right?

I don't know why, but I seem to be the only one who really enjoyed Episode 1 as much as, if not more than, Episode 2. The Alyx was The Win. Never before, or after, has a character meant more to a game. I actually like her. And the hospital fight was awesome too.

This is invisible text!

ZenfoldorVGI said:
BenKenobi88 said:
LongLiveTheBeatles said:
That looks like the citadel. Please tell me I'm not going back in the citadel... been there done that.

Could be the Combine world...how sweet would that be.

I highly doubt that. It wouldn't fit in with the mythos or scope of the episodes.

My guess is this is either the citadel, the combine air transfer station, or The Borealis, and in all likelyhood Gordon will be well equipped to fight the advisors, kinda like the strider fight at the end of ep 2.

While the combine homeworld would be cool, I'd much rather Gordon end with some Alyx nookie, hehe.

Also, I hope this episode is the longest of the bunch.

You're probably right.  I just threw that out there because of the whole "Aperture Science" tie-in with the Borealis...maybe it's Portal technology which means a portal to the enemy's world...but that is a bit out of the current scope hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
BenKenobi88 said:
LongLiveTheBeatles said:
That looks like the citadel. Please tell me I'm not going back in the citadel... been there done that.

Could be the Combine world...how sweet would that be.

I highly doubt that. It wouldn't fit in with the mythos or scope of the episodes.

My guess is this is either the citadel, the combine air transfer station, or The Borealis, and in all likelyhood Gordon will be well equipped to fight the advisors, kinda like the strider fight at the end of ep 2.

While the combine homeworld would be cool, I'd much rather Gordon end with some Alyx nookie, hehe.

Also, I hope this episode is the longest of the bunch.

You're probably right. I just threw that out there because of the whole "Aperture Science" tie-in with the Borealis...maybe it's Portal technology which means a portal to the enemy's world...but that is a bit out of the current scope hehe.

Whoa, what if Gordon meets the Portal girl and they maka da babies. I like. LoL, that would be cool though, Gordon + Portal gun = NES Ninja Gaiden death music.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Hehe, there's a simple mod that lets you use the Portal gun in HL2...it's pretty sweet, but it doesn't work on all surfaces, just mostly flat surfaces. It definitely offered some funny fights though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

oh half-life

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Episode 2 finale was so EPIC!!! All those striders, my heart rate went up real quickly cuz it was so awesome :D.
Man i hope it comes on the ps3 :(

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

I quite enjoyed Episode 1 but it was not quite at the same level of Episode 2.

I think the fact that I played it first as part of the Orange box made me less hostile to E1 as i had just played through HL2 (first time since its PC year of release) and then went straight onto E2.

I think the problem with E1 was that it was released originally on its own and it was only ~ 3 hours of gameplay.

I'm sure there were a number of citadel like structures, but the City 17 one was the main one. Still, I would speculate that it's one of the Combine worlds.