By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unreal Tournament 3 -could be PS3 timed Exclusive…

BenKenobi88 said:
I spend about $700 on a computer every few years...and that plays games pretty well...spending about $600-$800 on a computer that you build yourself will probably look like PS3 graphics...and it's way more useful than a PS3. For maxed out settings on every game, it will cost your more like 1500 bucks, but it's really not neccessary.

how much would it cost to get a computer to run crysis ?

Around the Network
Blue3 said:
BenKenobi88 said:
I spend about $700 on a computer every few years...and that plays games pretty well...spending about $600-$800 on a computer that you build yourself will probably look like PS3 graphics...and it's way more useful than a PS3. For maxed out settings on every game, it will cost your more like 1500 bucks, but it's really not neccessary.

how much would it cost to get a computer to run crysis ?

At this moment? 1200+. When the game comes out? 1000-. This assumes you build it yourself, by the way.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Vista alone would run you at least $150 for the cheapest version. A Blu-Ray drive will cost you $300. That's $450 right there, and we haven't even gotten to the video cards.

Exactly why do I need a Blu-Ray drive to play PC games, which are on DVD's?

PS3 fanboys shouldn't get all excited about this news and not only because it's still a rumour.

Epic didn't just decide that they prefer the PS3... or even that Sony paid Epic for the timed exclusive. The reason they're doing this is because they don't want to go ahead against Halo 3.

Halo 3 is like the giant summer blockbuster movie.. no other movie wants to be released in the same week..

It's the same thing with Haze.. the only reason why it's on PS3 first is because of Halo 3.. not because of Microsoft or Sony.. but Halo 3.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
DKII said:
Exactly why do I need a Blu-Ray drive to play PC games, which are on DVD's?

Apples to apples comparison, right?

You know, if you build the PC you are suggesting, you're actually building more of a 360 replacement than a PS3 replacement.  More 360 games are also PC releases than PS3 games.

JSF said:

Vista alone would run you at least $150 for the cheapest version. A Blu-Ray drive will cost you $300. That's $450 right there, and we haven't even gotten to the video cards.

Hahahahaha.

Oh, man. Who gets a Blu-Ray drive for their PC? That's just pointless. And Vista's not really necessary yet...you can stick with XP which is dirt cheap, and then get Vista when that certain special game comes out that requires it.

You can get a processor for about $200, a graphics card for about $250-$300, a mobo for $100, memory for $100-$150, a case for $25-75, power supply for $75, hard-drive for $80, CD/DVD burner for $50...um...that's pretty much it, except for some extra case fans for a few bucks each and some cool LEDs. All that would get you a good computer that can play the latest games for a few years, for around $700. That's with a DX9 card though...if you really want the best out of the games coming out in the next few years...it might be good to wait to build your computer. DX10 cards are too expensive right now.

Best to do shopping on Black Friday if you can wait that long. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
JSF said:

Hahahahaha.

I added some more hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I got the important part.