By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unreal Tournament 3 -could be PS3 timed Exclusive…

As long as I get my copy of U3 for PC, I don't care what consoles it does or doesn't come out for.

Unreal Editor 3 = beyond awesome and Kismet is insane amounts of fun to play with.

Around the Network

its official now. pc and ps3 timed exclusive.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/1374.html

cant find any more, and there should be plenty more. just wait for the forums to flood. only finding one bothers me though.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

soccerdrew17 said:
its official now. pc and ps3 timed exclusive.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/1374.html

cant find any more, and there should be plenty more. just wait for the forums to flood. only finding one bothers me though.

I'll trust that article when I see a source (and I'm not skeptical because it's a PS3 article, I'm skeptical of every article without a source).

i am skeptical only cause no else has reported it so far after. that is something that should be up everywhere by now. the fact that its a ps3 site doesnt concern me since they learned their lesson about official stuff (oh yea, they were the guys who "broke" the sly cooper 4 thing, which doesnt exist yet).

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Who cares if a game is a "timed exclusive" or not. It means it's not really exclusive. Are there people out there that actually go, "hey, I can't wait the 6 months for this game to come out on the console that I own - I will have to fork over the several hundred additional dollars to buy the other console just so I can play it a little earlier"?

Around the Network

i wont believe it til i see it.. but i've never been a huge unreal tournament guy myself but theres no denying this game has a big following...it would be a bucket in sony's corner if this became true...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

JSF said:
Who cares if a game is a "timed exclusive" or not. It means it's not really exclusive. Are there people out there that actually go, "hey, I can't wait the 6 months for this game to come out on the console that I own - I will have to fork over the several hundred additional dollars to buy the other console just so I can play it a little earlier"?

Coming out on PS3 6 months before 360 means it will increase the sales of this game on PS3. Also if it was the other way around and it came to 360 6 months before PS3 then that would decrease sales a lot (Elder Scrolls, Rainbow Six) so timed exclusives definitely matter.

That's why MS got timed exclusives of Ace Combat and Eternal Sonata because that will boost its sales than if it was coming same time or later than on the PS3. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
JSF said:

Coming out on PS3 6 months before 360 means it will increase the sales of this game on PS3. Also if it was the other way around and it came to 360 6 months before PS3 then that would decrease sales a lot (Elder Scrolls, Rainbow Six) so timed exclusives definitely matter.

That's why MS got timed exclusives of Ace Combat and Eternal Sonata because that will boost its sales than if it was coming same time or later than on the PS3. 

exactly

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

UT 3 is a pure PC FPS ported to consoles so I would be very surprised if they release the PS3 version first. Maybe before the X360 though but not before the PC.

guigr said:
UT 3 is a pure PC FPS ported to consoles so I would be very surprised if they release the PS3 version first. Maybe before the X360 though but not before the PC.

The rumor says PC, PS3 day 1 and 360 later. As in it's a timed exclusive for PS3 in consoles, not considering PC.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!