By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 preview: Ubisoft unveils "I Am Alive" for PC/360/PS3

http://www.gamekyo.com/news28224_jade-raymond-working-on-i-am-alive.html

"We can today announce that Ubisoft will show for the first time a new action game during E3 2008 next week called I Am Alive for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Jade Raymond (Assassin's Creed) will be working on this new game developed by Darkworks (Cold Fear) in Paris since 3 years. Scheduled to be released during spring 2009, I Am Alive is a survival video game that takes place after an earthquake in Chicago, it will be a first person game without weapons (only flash ball), a little bit like Mirror's Edge."

(more at the link)

Around the Network

Why haven't you tried to be a contributor, you do get some cool news stories, like this one.

But we still have our differences.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

^He is too much of a badass to be one. Yea he always posts awesome stories though.
Yea this sounds cool, I want to see a trailer. I'm all hyped up from watching the Mirrors Edge trailer a few minutes ago.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

I love how they plaster Ms. Raymond's face all over this article. Yeah, we get it already, she's hot; now tell us more about the game.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

I'd prefer a survival game where it's third person. FPS with no weapons just makes me think the game designers couldn't be bothered with character animation. :P

PS, who is the Jade Raymond woman, and why should I be impressed she's working on it?

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

You don't say... I can bet some serious money that the development costs for this game are being covered by Dogz, Babiez, Catz, etz

It sounds OK :) I wonder how will it actually play . Choosing to make a FPS with no weapons is a risky business ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

seem intriguing. I tend to not like FPS as much as I like TPS, but If done right...

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Another AAA title for the PS360 and PC by the one and only Ubisoft. Can't wait to see some footage.

Yeah, it is pretty shameless how they whore Jade out on every poster, but she is pretty hot.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson