By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - is square enix remaking to much?

I don't mind buying the remakes of classic games so I can play them with the device I currently have. People do the same thing for their audio/video collection.

DS and PSP may be their last opportunity to recycle their classic games (retail format). Eventually, most of these classic titles will become downloadable games.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Around the Network
dtewi said:
I have no problem with remakes.

Just release them State-Side!

DAMMIT I WANT THE FINAL MIXES!!!

Which ones are you looking foward to?  I am looking forward to the CT remake(or port), and the SO1 and 2 remakes.

They are working on a number of new games as well, so its not like they are just doing remakes.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

A little....

But when stuff like SO 1 & 2 gets an American release date. I tend to forget.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
A little....

But when stuff like SO 1 & 2 gets an American release date. I tend to forget.

SO1: The First Departure will be released on 10/21/08.

SO2: The Second Evolution will be released on 1/6/09.

Source: pspfanboy.com

Edit: Oops, I thought you were wondering about the release date for these games, never mind.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Around the Network

i want them to remake FF9 (and ff10 would be great too lol),i really don't care about the rest

Yes, and I actually don´t like it. They´re exploiting far too much their main Ip's, lowering their overall sales.

I would prefer to have a lot more of new Ips instead of so much remakes, but that´s just me.

How else would they fund the 5-6 year development cycle of Final Fantasy XIII. It's gonna make truckloads of money for sure but the workers probably need to be paid some time before the final release date of the game.

It's called funding FFXIII.
It's also the reason why I don't buy them.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

I would say so, but their new releases haven't exactly been stellar either, children of mana, heroes of mana, Dawn of Mana, DQ swords, DQ monsters etc..