By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Playstation 3 Combines Zombies And... Google Earth in new PSN game

Sony Combines Zombies And... Google Earth

http://kotaku.com/5023220/sony-combines-zombies-and-google-earth

If it was up to me (and it's not), and I could combine Google Earth with one thing, I would combine it with zombies. Well, that's EXACTLY what upcoming Sony Computer Entertainment title The Last Guy does — it's like they read my brain! Details are scant, but the top-down PS3 game has players use Google Earth to rescue large numbers of people by having them follow you to safe escape zones and avoiding gray matter eating zombies. Sounds like it'll be a PSN game and sounds like it will be totally awesome.

The Last Guy [Official Site] http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/lastguy/

----------------------------------------------------

this looks like a really neat idea using google earth to zoom in and rescue people from zombies, looks and sounds a promising psn title. psn titles will get better and better, gt5p - warhawk - socom - pain - stardust - wipout and now this and of course siren 2.

ps. sorry if tis already been posted!

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

lol thats kool, i can save my neighborhood from zombies!

I must say....if nothing else from this generation I love all of these goofy little online titles coming to all the consoles.

U think they will show it at e3.

This would be koo if it was a TB RPG

Around the Network

I thought this was a joke when I first heard it. It's a pretty interesting idea, unique definitely, no doubt some people will paint profanity on the roof of their workplace or school in order to see if it'll show up in this game.

Wow that does sound like a cool game. I'll def give it a try when its available.

Consoles Owned: Sega Genesis, NES, PS2 (RIP) N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is rule."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

CAL4M1TY said:
I thought this was a joke when I first heard it. It's a pretty interesting idea, unique definitely, no doubt some people will paint profanity on the roof of their workplace or school in order to see if it'll show up in this game.

Google Earth is not a live satellite view. It is a stationary image that is rarely updated. In fact, I have yet to see it updated.

OMFG I JUST REALISED! Dick Chaney screwd himself. He got his house removed from Google earth and now no one will save him :(

viewbookimpact said:
CAL4M1TY said:

Google Earth is not a live satellite view. It is a stationary image that is rarely updated. In fact, I have yet to see it updated.

Well they only update sections at a time.  I remember about 3 updates (for areas I used frequently) when I used it all the time a few years ago.  Granted that was also pretty early in its life, so I'd think they update it less frequently now.