By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square-Enix's E3 lineup (Chrono Trigger PLAYABLE!)

Straight from GAF.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...gend-of-kage-2

Quote:
Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, and Square Enix, Inc. the publisher of Square Enix interactive entertainment products in North America, announced their extensive line-up for the E3 Media & Business Summit today, confirming an impressive array of games ranging from re-mastered classics to brand-new IP’s.

In addition to the much anticipated next-gen titles INFINITE UNDISCOVERY™, THE LAST REMNANT™ and STAR OCEAN®: The Last Hope™, Square Enix introduces STAR OCEAN: First Departure™ and STAR OCEAN: Second Evolution™ for the PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) system, TAITO Corporation’s EXIT™ DS and The Legend of Kage™ 2 for Nintendo DS™, and SONG SUMMONER™: The Unsung Heroes, the first full-scale Role Playing Game created for the iPod®.

John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. and Square Enix, Inc. comments, “With simultaneous global releases for several platforms on their way, gamers around the world will be able to experience the full grandeur of our games as never before. Additionally, Square Enix has offerings at this year’s E3 for every gamer, from fan favourites newly available on portable platforms to casual games accessible to a wide range of users.”

On display at the Los Angeles Convention Center at Concourse 401 from July 15 – 17, the following titles will have playable kiosks: CHRONO TRIGGER®, DRAGON QUEST®: The Chapters of the Chosen™, FINAL FANTASY® IV, INFINITE UNDISCOVERY and

SONG SUMMONER: The Unsung Heroes.
With five playable titles of the show floor, Square Enix offers a wealth of deep and engaging experiences for a variety of platforms.

List:

Playable:
Chrono Trigger(DS)
Dragon Quest: The Chapters of the Chosen(DS)
Final Fantasy IV(DS)
Infinite Discovery(Xbox 360)
Song Summoner: The Unsung Heroes(iPod)

On the floor/video:
The Last Remnant (PS3/360)
SONG SUMMONER: The Unsung Heroes (iPod)
Chrono Trigger (DS)
Dragon Quest: The Chapters of the Chosen(DS)
Final Fantasy IV(DS)
STAR OCEAN: FIRST DEPARTURE (PSP)
STAR OCEAN: SECOND EVOLUTION (PSP)
Infinite Undiscovery (360)
STAR OCEAN: THE LAST HOPE (360)

From Taito corp:

EXIT DS (DS)
Legend of Kage 2 (DS)

Around the Network

Well it's not a suprise that Chrono Trigger is playable.. they finished the game in 1995.. :)

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I really wonder if Star Ocean will be able to sell some 360s in Japan. Not substantial amounts, but maybe 50 or 100,000?

Also, they'll likely have more, this is just what is already announced.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
NiKKoM said:

Well it's not a suprise that Chrono Trigger is playable.. they finished the game in 1995.. :)

ZiNg!

No ff13.

Around the Network

Ehm, I miss a few games.

FF13? DQ9?

If they're not shown here they both won't release in 2008 I guess.

Well line-up for DS is already enough E3 for me..Playable Chrono trigger and Dragon quest and FF IV are great news..

Wondering where is FF XIII PS3 and FF:CB for wii..Even no videos..

God damn.

BengaBenga said:
Ehm, I miss a few games.

FF13? DQ9?

If they're not shown here they both won't release in 2008 I guess.

Or maybe they've been canned, along with FF:CB.

thekitchensink said:
I really wonder if Star Ocean will be able to sell some 360s in Japan. Not substantial amounts, but maybe 50 or 100,000?

Also, they'll likely have more, this is just what is already announced.

It should be able to sell more 360s than a game like blue dragon. An established series should be able to give it a bigger boost than a new ip, which is all the 360s gotten so far in the rpg department.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

Damn it, SE, no Wii love?