By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can the Ps3 close the gap between the 360?

It seems highly impossible at this point. However with E3 2008 coming, a lot can change. Sony seems to have a lot of hot exclusives up their sleeves and an improving PSN and the soon to be relased playstation home. But the question is " Can they close the gap?" I'm not saying it will happen right away but after some time it may be possible. However it will be tough with Microsoft's price drop and predicting increased 360 sales. I think once Final Fantasy XII and Versus XIII is released, it look more possible that the ps3 can close the gap. What do you guys think about ps3's future?

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

No it doesn't seem impossible. I'm expecting it to happy sometime in the second quarter next year.

I agree. It will do better the second quarter.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Right now I would call it a battle of inches ...

If Sony can boost sales of the PS3 by 10,000/week while reducing XBox 360 sales by 10,000/week it will happen soon
If Microsoft can boost sales of the XBox 360 by 10,000/week while reducing PS3 sales by 10,000/week it will not happen

well if 360 gets a price drop and if sony doesnt answer back then it will be hard for them to close the gap

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Well first off PS3 needs to improve its software lineup because clearly 360 has got it beat there. But we know that its just taking a bit of time for the PS3's killer apps to roll out. Between November of this year to December of 09 all of PS3 major exclusives will come out (FF13, FFv13, KZ2,R2,Socom, LBP ect.). Also PS3 needs to have a 100 price drop on the 40 gig but it also needs to have backwards compatibility. But once these things happen PS3 will start gaining a lot of ground and will eventually overtake the 360.

My Top 5 Games of All Time

1. FF7 4. SSX Tricky

2. FE7 5. RE4

3. MGS4

VALENCIA CF

SACRAMENTO KINGS

at this point it could go either way, its kind of nice seeing such balance between the traditional consoles, fewer exclusives more love for everyone.... except for zoidberg

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog