By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 5 upcoming ps3 exclusives that will be top sellers.

MANUELF said:
Skeeuk said:
Snake612 said:

The top 5 exclusives for the ps3 that will sell are the following:

5) Little Big Planet - multi multi million seller looks like a terrific game and mabey the goty - only fanboys want this to fail.

4) Socom Confrontation - could possibly reach a million, i hope for a psn and bluray release, huge multiplayer potential, only fanboys want this game to fail.

3) Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII - FF13 will sell 10 million lifetime and versus will also sell multi million, only fanboys want FF13 to have low sales.

2) Resistance 2 ( amazing multiplayer mode (60 players online!) - multi million seller and possibly one of the greatest games of 2008, i expect huge sales, only fanboys want resistance 2 to fail.

1) God Of War III - no brainer really this will be a huge system seller and will go on to sell multi million copies of the game, only fanboys want this game to fail.

The only fanboy I see are you.

We're in the Sony forums Manuel. No need for the fanboy comment. This is a warning.

If you disagree with a post than use arguments to make your points.

Around the Network
mr.elite said:

LBP- 4.5-6 million

Socom- 3-4 million

FF + FFV 12 million total

Resistance 2 - 4-5 million

GoW3- 3-4 million

KZ2- 6 million

GT5- 5 million

Moterstorm- 3.5 million

Twisted Metal- 15 million (lol i like twisted metal) probably more like 3 million though

My Guesses

wow, just wow.  I'm not going to bother with most, but the only thing I can think about is you saying only 5 million for gt5.

mr.elite said:

Socom- 3-4 million

I have a hard time seeing Socom breaking 1 million.  I know it has a cult following, but it doesn't have a single player campaign and I'm not sure it does enough to differentiate itself from other shooters online (MGO and COD4).  Also, Warhawk is a great online only game and it has only sold 500k. 

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

1) GT5
2) GoW3
3) Final Fantasy 13 (throw in VS 13 if you want)
4) Little Big Planet
5) Socom Confrontation

I have yet to see a bigger SONY system seller than GT5, but were not getting that this year.

4 ≈ One

I'm not completely sure about 5 and 4 but hopefully they will sell very well.

Around the Network
cwbys21 said:
mr.elite said:

LBP- 4.5-6 million

Socom- 3-4 million

FF + FFV 12 million total

Resistance 2 - 4-5 million

GoW3- 3-4 million

KZ2- 6 million

GT5- 15 million

Moterstorm- 3.5 million

Twisted Metal- 15 million (lol i like twisted metal) probably more like 3 million though

My Guesses

wow, just wow. I'm not going to bother with most, but the only thing I can think about is you saying only 5 million for gt5.

oops, i forgot the 1 lol i meant 15 million

B

dbot said:
mr.elite said:

Socom- 3-4 million

I have a hard time seeing Socom breaking 1 million.  I know it has a cult following, but it doesn't have a single player campaign and I'm not sure it does enough to differentiate itself from other shooters online (MGO and COD4).  Also, Warhawk is a great online only game and it has only sold 500k. 

you obviously havn't played Socom 2 online before...Slant Six main goal for this project is to re-create the classic Socom online (1 and 2...mostly 2 though) Socom online is a completely different shooter than COD4 or MGO

My guesses (notice I don't use the word prediction):

Little big planet- 750,000-5,000,000 This game has so much potential and potential to completely bomb.

Resistance 2-3,500,000-5,500,000

Grand Turismo 5- 4,000,000-10,000,000 Racing games have died down a bit so I don't really know what to expect.

God of War 3- 2,500,000-4,500,000

Socom- 500,000-1,500,000

Killzone 2- 1,500,000-4,000,000 This all depends on whether it meets the hype or not

If I had to throw a number for LBP, if it hits 400k lifetime sales, that'd be an overwhelming success for them. The only way they could do more is if they bundle it with PS3 and start an advertising campaign towards a more kid-friendly lineup. Without that, I'd go and say 250-300k lifetime WW.

Soriku said:
mr.elite said:

@manuelf

How is he being a fanboy? His numbers really arent that exagerated and its the truth, other systems fanboys would LOVE it if these games failed, thats what makes them fanboys in the first place in a way. You lose.

So you really believe LBP is going to be a multi million seller? No offense, but LBP isn't exactly a game many PS3 owners would "get" into. I'd say a million at the very most.

And FF XIII is going to sell 10 million? I can't believe you guys actually believe it'll outsell FF VII. FF VII was marketed like HELL. It appeared in both gaming and non-gaming magazines, soda, etc. I highly doubt FF XIII is gonna get as much marketing. Also, PS1 SW sells much better than PS3 SW and the PS1 was already evry popular before FF VII came out. The PS3 isn't close to being as popular as the PS1. 10 million is...well...false hope.

Oh dude! Where did you get your power to see into the future from? I want them too.

Edit: I guess you missed where my numbers said 12 million total for FFXIII and FFXIII:VS.

B