By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So I Bought Resistance 1 the Other Day...

Heh.

The game actually reminds me a lot of Perfect Dark in the way that it plays in general (that's a good thing).

As for weapons...

Yeah, the Auger had me seeing flashbacks to the glory days of head shots through walls with the Farsight. The Bullseye is definitely fun, given that shooting around corners is always cool. The weapons are fairly diverse, which is nice, and switching between what is essentially a rail gun and a shotgun in the middle of a fight is always cool. Running over Chimera in the driving sections is also strangely amusing...

Around the Network

I like Resistance: Fall of man a lot as well.

@ CAL4M1TY

I'm glad they already said that the story tellng methods will be different in R2, which is my major gripe with the game.

Although I agree, I think it's suiting for a prequel to the main battle in the United States (story is being told in past tense). IMO the story is interesting and told well, the black and white photographs illustrating the story line provides a past tense atmosphere, then in Resistance 2 the current story will be told with present story telling methods from Hale's own perspective.

If interested in Resistance 2, I would recommend experiencing the background story through Resistance: Fall of Man. The game will probably be available at discount pricing anyhow.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Yeah, too bad they nerfed the Auger in multiplayer...I guess they had to though, or it would be too good. It's all about the RPG and the Shotgun in multiplayer.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Is the online still going strong? I tried to play it a few months ago and got owned.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Yet another Aussie Resistance fan (PSN ID: carnUcrows). Thrilled to hear they're changing the storytelling style, it took me months to convince my wife the game was actually fun, because the cutscenes put her to sleep! Personally, my favourite gun is the slo-mo sniper rifle. It's hilarious in split-screen co-op when you're up to your neck in aliens and your partner suddenly slows everything down :)

Games machines owned: C64*, NES, SNES*, PS1, PS2*, PS3* (*still own).

GREAT MOMENTS IN HUMAN HISTORY

12/9/2008 18:46 Australian CST - !!!I got my first trophy!!! Huzzah!!!

Around the Network
TheCompletist said:
Yet another Aussie Resistance fan (PSN ID: carnUcrows). Thrilled to hear they're changing the storytelling style, it took me months to convince my wife the game was actually fun, because the cutscenes put her to sleep! Personally, my favourite gun is the slo-mo sniper rifle. It's hilarious in split-screen co-op when you're up to your neck in aliens and your partner suddenly slows everything down :)

Watching those Gray Jacks (or whatever they're called) running at you and getting blown away with the slow motion sniper rifle is pretty cool.

@dbot

Online is still strong. Most people will get owned. I only just started winning matches here and there but their are still some people with amazing skill who can just win one match after the other.

I'm anxious for R2 as well. I just wish RFOM was priced at $30 everywhere so the cheap gamers can buy the game.

SpartanFX said:

dude I just got resistance from my friend yesterday aswelll,,,,,the graphics as you said are nowhere near MGS4 or uncharted or heavenly sword but it's good looking game for a launch title,,,,,,

the game play is fun( i m playing it with my bro split screen)and fast,,,,,the controls are really easy to pick up. all in all I am also impressed with the game and will be buying the second one on day 1.

wait till you reach near the end, in the chimera bases. grafix are and look stunning, very solid and very smooth.

resistance 2 is a day one purchase for me...............

• huge single player campain just like resistance 1 (20 hour), not a shitty 6 hour job that you find in "others"
  • 8 player co-op - a 1st for consoles
  • plethora of online modes - this mode will rock
  • 60 player team battles - never attempted before and a 1st for consoles

i used to play 40 player resistance 1 sniper only death matches without any lag, so im sure they can rank it to 60.

resistance 1 if released 2day would have got a 9, only scepticle launch reviewrs and the obvious fanboy reviews kep this game score down. especially eurotoilet they gave it a 6

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

What Resistance:FoM did well was have active environments with lots of stuff happening on the screen at the same time. It really helps immerse you into the game. In some ways, I find that more important then raw graphical appeal. (i'm looking at you Gears of War)

LG[Infinite] said:

Being a new PS3 owner, I've been playing a lot of MGS4. However, this time of the year is sale time in Australia and so I trundled down to my local store to check out what deals they had. I saw Resistance going for very cheap and decided to pick it up...

Given that it was a launch title, I didn't have such high hopes for it, but so far I have been very impressed. The game plays smoothly and the graphics, while nowhere near MGS4 standard are excellent for a launch title. More importantly, I don't need to think about the controls while I'm playing, which says a lot about how great they are. Heck, I spent most of last night either watching Federer vs Nadal (damn it... Federer lost) or playing Resistance during the rain delays.

I can't wait for Resistance 2...

And what a match it was. I was disapointed Federer lost as well, but it had to have been the best match I've ever seen. Cannot wait for the US open.

OT: I thought Resistance was great. Loved the Co-op. I'd give it a try if you have someone to play through it with you.