By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII sales prediction

around 1.5 first week.

if it sucks lifetime will be around 3 -4 millions.

if it rocks (very possible since ffvii ffx were tetsuya nomura games too) they can easily get to 5-7 millions

Around the Network

I'll say 1.5-2 million first week and then 5-6 million lifetime.

Depends on how good this game is, the amount of people that were put off by FFXII and the fact that it'll be the first of the series on the PS3 (which generally sees a spike in sales).

Do we even know anything about this game, or have a timeline of around when it'll be released (to take into account the number of ps3s on the market at that time)?

IMO it's a little silly and premature to start making estimations now

sc94597 said:
brute said:
^also the series has been slowing down,FFXII sold less with a bigger userbase

Well if you notice there is a trend.

FFVII>FFVIII>FFIX     then it went FFX>FFXII. The first final fantasy always sells best because the series is usually hyped out to be the best thing ever when in reality its not. Also FFXII was a horrible game and deserved much less sales than what it got.(imo)

I like to call it the next gen bump.  New, flashy graphics give the casual fans of a series more reason to buy the next iteration in that series than other past titles, and it is why GT3 outsold GT2 by so damn much, FFX outsold FFIX by so damn much (FFIX sold almost as little as FFXII, while FFX went on to be the second best selling FF after FFVII), and it is why DMC4 is looking to outsell DMC3 by a hell of a lot.

I expect MGS4 to outsell MGS3 by quite a bit, and FFXIII to outsell FFXII.  GT5 outselling GT4 seems like it will be a bit hard to do, but it's certainly possible.

Soriku said:
kingofwale said:
I'm going to say.

1.7 million in Japan

700K in US

700K in Europe

so, that in total is around 3 million

Uh...Japan is too high and US and EU are too low.

Final Fantasy 12 sold 500K opening week. His guess is about what i'd put mine at.

It might be too high, but i expect that if any game is actually going to sell systems it'll be FF13... Then again a lof of people in Japan who would buy the system only for FF13 might already own it. I mean it is a kickass blu-ray player and Japan by far has the highest blu-ray pentration seeing as they've had it for the longest back before it was even disc form.

That'd put 13 likely at numbers below FF10 though. Which Square won't complain about a solid 7 million or so. Though people on the site seem to claim massive over 10 numbers expecting it to be FF7 all over again.

Then again we've never seen how Final Fantasy's legs are on a console that isn't number 1... we don't know how many of the casual RPG buyers are on the PS3.  The ones who bought every Final Fantasy because they only like to play a couple RPGs a generation and Final Fantasy had the pedigree.

That may harm the games legs.

Around the Network

3 million world wide sales first week. 1 million sales in each region for first week.

Rock_on_2008 said:
3 million world wide sales first week. 1 million sales in each region for first week.

we both no its not gonna sell that many in 1 week dude be more realistic

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER

Well, i'm going to say it will say it will sell 1.7 million First week.

800k in japan (Including the inevitable bundles)
600k in america
300k in others

As for the lifetime sales, i think it's a little to early to make a prediction yet.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

It depends on when the release will be.
I guess it will be early 2009 and my predictions for first week ;

JP - 1.1M
US - 520K
PAL - 610K

FF XIII launch week I expect a total of 500k to 600k PS3 consoles sold in that week.

FF XIII and GT 5 should both sell over 500k PS3 consoles in their launch weeks.

FF XIII and GT 5 LTD sales will be over 10 million copies of each game.