By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What makes you glad you chose PS3 over 360 the most?

Oh man I forgot one other thing. REGION FREE GAMES.

Around the Network

An entire libray of PLaystation titles I never played.

One thing I REGRET is not being able to play the next banjo kazooie platformer.

mM
Burgles said:
1. Sub for online gaming...You get what you pay for, do you object to paying for your internet use? For water? Food? Gas? Electric?

I suspect a lot of users don't because they live with their parents and have no concept of paying bills etc. I spend more on food for just myself a week than a 1 year sub costs to Xbox Live.

I think the real issue with paying for Xbox Live is that ones parents are more than willing to pay for low life freeloaders under 20s basics, but not for luxeries like online gaming...;)

2. HD DVD has nothing to do with the Xbox 360, its an optional extra. HD DVD is actually a superior format technically to Bluray, but thats another argument really.

3. I have had RROD and its not the best, but Microsoft fix your Xbox 360 within a week from the date they arrange for it to be picked up to the time it comes back to you - for FREE...So its not really a big deal...

Again, I would bring point 1 into this, the reason RROD is such an issue is because there are so many little brats who own these consoles and can't wait 1 week if something goes wrong for a free replacment.

I bought my Xbox 360 for the games, afterall it is a "games console" primarily. On that front it has more than satisfied me.

(Did you notice how my purchase was made because of a positive in the item I wanted, and not some twisted insecurity).

If PS3 ups the anti and releases all the decent games and they live up to the hype then I'll get one, can't see the point though the way things are.

No offense like.

Right there I stopped reading.  Just because HD DVD reached its final spec before Blu-ray doesn't make it superior.  Blu-ray's higher capacity, room for more layers, scratch resistant coating and higher data transfer rate all say you are mistaken.  Now that Blu-ray has reached it's 2.0 final spec, it can do everything HD DVD did and more since Java is superior to the HDi that was used on the format.  But I digress.  This is off topic.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

mgs4 mainly, no RROD, bluray, uses opengl and not d3d(not that d3d is no good but its proprietary and exclusive to microsoft platforms), little big planet and gt5, free online

in all honesty i dont see whats sooo great about the 360, it is a nice system but its already starting to stagnate whereas the ps3 is just warming up

plus if microsoft can't make vista work, what makes them think they should make a game system

Is that squilliam i see at the third post reply? If my eyes are not failing me, i believe he is still making Anti-ps3 crusading posts as usual... Heres my reasons, most of my friends were getting it/owned it for christmas 2007. So for the automatic friend adds. I had no internet @ the time, so i was playing online games on Warhawk, CoD4, and GHIII through wi-fi, FREE. reliability was a priority. No lie i really wanted a 360 (even bought Halo at launch kept the poster) but my friends where suffering from scratched games and RROD. I didn't want to babysit a pricey console, so i sided with a Ps3, and have been demanding hours from it, keeping it on and uncleaned for months now. All the other features is a nice bonus also, like using the web browser, while listening to "drown" by smashing pumpkins, all on my ps3. Plus the constant updates that have been bringing new features this past winter/Spring/early summer are really welcomed. Also the Playstation Store is not garbage, shut up troll.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
1. I had a look at the PS online store today for the first time in over a year- its still lame. I've never used the Xbox360 one because I don't want to pay for wireless but the quantity and quality there is just bad. Theres no reason for me to go back there after today if the best they have to offer are only a couple of demos and less than a page worth of PS originals. They really need to partner with another site to deliver more content. Aside from this, I hope it isn't all tucked away in that Qore service thats charged because that would make the FUD about the Xbox360 Live gold subscription fees hypocritical.

2. HDDVD/Blu ray = whatever.

3. My PS3 broke down 2 months out of warranty, so far the Xbox360 has the mighty reliability. Muahahahah Snake and the green head FTW.

Although i love reading good posts, this one really sucks while you are capable of posting sensible stuff... that's a shame (sorry just an opinion)

2 big tetsuya nomura games.
final fantasy xiii final fantasy xiii versus.

joseph21 said:
2 big tetsuya nomura games.
final fantasy xiii final fantasy xiii versus.

Argh... this post makes me weep. 

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

everything!

i mean there is literally nothing on the 360 id prefer over my ps3. my ps3 has...........

• has great games to play, and an even greater game linup to look forward to
  • free online play. team fortress, cod4, battlefiled, mgo, r62 all work perfect for me
  • built in bluray player
  • built in wireless internet
  • built in browser
  • superb ps store, will get much more content as time goes on.

brilliant simply brilliant.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

4. I prefer my 360...