By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is it me opr Cris Redfield is ridiculously ripped in RE5?

If you've seen the trailers you know what I mean, he seems stronger than a space marine! He's just too big and it is not funny, and he has a move with his arm that sends several zombies a few meters away, what's with that? does he have superstrength now or what? He looks more ripped than the enemies from Battletoads!! Remember those? Couldn't the developers made him like a normal sized fit cop? He looks like he could win Mr. Olympia by a mile!

Around the Network

I guess he's one of those people that stuck with WiiFit past the first few weeks.

^^^Halarious!!

On topic: I wish Chris weren't so super-human too. Part of the fun in Survival Horror games is the feeling of being overwhelmed. Chris seems waaaaay to capable of kicking ass in RE5. Kinda hard to relate to.

Shooting zombies must be a better workout then it seems/

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

Yeah well the thing with Resident Evil now is that it isn't survival horror anymore, now it is survival action, there are certainly parts in RE4 where you are being followed by a lot of "zombies" and you are desperate closing windows and doors and throwing ladders so the enemies don't attack you, I loved that feeling and it felt very "survival", everytime I heard the chainsaw my heart started pumping a lot. But the regular "zombies" in RE4 didn't scare me at all, I need real zombies with really scary faces to make me shit my pants! I want RE to be survival horror again! With normal sized people!

Around the Network

What's the problem? People are different. Sometimes the hero is slim, sometimes he is muscular.

Gaming Performance Enhancers. Makes me sick. *shakes head in disgust*

I like the RE series more than the Silent Hill series, but one thing SH does right, is giving you an unprepared protagonist. I was always on edge in Silent Hill because the main characters would miss shots, fall down, and pretty much prove themselves incompetent for the task at hand. It really added to the suspense.

I'll wait and see what kind of story Capcom wants to tell, but as of now, I think Chris could take on the Berzerker from Gears of War with no problem.

Yeah, he's pretty studly.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

lightbleeder said:
Yeah well the thing with Resident Evil now is that it isn't survival horror anymore, now it is survival action, there are certainly parts in RE4 where you are being followed by a lot of "zombies" and you are desperate closing windows and doors and throwing ladders so the enemies don't attack you, I loved that feeling and it felt very "survival", everytime I heard the chainsaw my heart started pumping a lot. But the regular "zombies" in RE4 didn't scare me at all, I need real zombies with really scary faces to make me shit my pants! I want RE to be survival horror again! With normal sized people!

I definitely agree with this. I miss the  days of RE1, 2 and 3. I wish Capcom could have just made a new IP with the RE4 idea and left the RE series the way it was. RE is pretty much dead in my book. The RE's now are totally new games. I'm not saying RE4 and 5 are bad. They're good games, just not in the same genre as the original Resident Evils.

The originals felt like a truggle to survive in scaryland while the new one feel like a butt-kick festival. The characters now seem clearly up to the task unlike before. I understand that capcom changed the series to gain more appeal and $$$ which is why I seem to dislike capcom more and more.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler