By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft E3 Preidictions

So there is a Sony thread for E3 predictions, I saw this list elsewhere I will paste it:

Xbox 360 and Microsoft Rumours for E3'07:

- Microsoft start first at 6.30pm GMT+0:00. (Fact)
- New Crimson Skies game to be announced.
- Bungie working on new title/series not related to anything in the Halo/Marathon Universe.
- Epic Games to show some form of Gears of War 2 Trailer.
- Microsoft have bought the Star Wars Battlefront 3 rights. Trailer/Demo to be shown.
- Rare to show off Banjo Kazooie 3 (Banjo-Theerie).
- Rare to announce 2 new games.
- Rare to announce Kameo 2.
- Lionhead Studios show more of Fable 2.
- Microsoft to fund a new game based on Jason Bourne. It'll be based on the books and not the film with Matt Damon.
- Team Ninja to show off Ninja Gaiden 2. Labeled 360 Exclusive.
- Apparently there's news of a MGS Game for the 360. May not be the 4th Installment.
- Dead Rising 2 to be shown. May not be ready.

From an E3 Floor Manager supposedly.

Might all be wrong, but it'll get the ball rolling.

What are your E3 MS predictions? 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Good, Idea, I can't wait for the Ninty Thread.

I respectfully disagree with most of your predictions, they are too out there.

Bungie's annoucements will be Halo related, with the exception of Marathon Live Arcade. NG2 will not be coming to 360. And won't be talked about any time soon. Very creative though. I think it's more of a wish list though.

My predictions: No price drop yet. Halo RTS shown, Another JRPG shown, some Adventure game announced to counter Agency and Uncharted. Lot's of Pac-Man CE and Live Arcade talk and boasting (to argue they are competing with Wii, and 1uping it).

Mine aren't as interesting but pretty realistic.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

steven787 said:
Good, Idea, I can't wait for the Ninty Thread.

I respectfully disagree with most of your predictions, they are too out there.

Bungie's annoucements will be Halo related, with the exception of Marathon Live Arcade. NG2 will not be coming to 360. And won't be talked about any time soon. Very creative though. I think it's more of a wish list though.

My predictions: No price drop yet. Halo RTS shown, Another JRPG shown, some Adventure game announced to counter Agency and Uncharted. Lot's of Pac-Man CE and Live Arcade talk and boasting (to argue they are competing with Wii, and 1uping it).

Mine aren't as interesting but pretty realistic.

Thos aren't my predictions, I got them off someone else.

Most of them seem reasltic but too early. The MGS 4 one that is out there... 

GTA IV on the 360 will have "exclusive downloadable episodic content" hope for more info on this

my opinions on things i think are wrong:

- Bungie working on new title/series not related to anything in the Halo/Marathon Universe.-ms wants to kill the hype for halo3? this will wait if its happening

- Microsoft have bought the Star Wars Battlefront 3 rights. Trailer/Demo to be shown.-lucas arts is showing to be very multiplatform. ms cant pay enough to buy it.

- Rare to announce 2 new games.
- Rare to announce Kameo 2.-rare wont show off anything other than bk3

- Microsoft to fund a new game based on Jason Bourne. It'll be based on the books and not the film with Matt Damon.-why?

- Team Ninja to show off Ninja Gaiden 2.-not ready to be shown yet if it is in development. itagaki is busy so they wont show it.

- Apparently there's news of a MGS Game for the 360. May not be the 4th Installment.-how do i say this? no

- Dead Rising 2 to be shown. May not be ready.-will be multiplatform if anything so ms showing it wont matter.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Around the Network

steven,what makes you think Ninja Gaiden 2 won´t go to the 360?

bungie will indeed show nothing else then halo 3. (if they are smart they wont).

the rest seems plausible. not all likely but plausible.

soccerdrew17 said:

- Microsoft to fund a new game based on Jason Bourne. It'll be based on the books and not the film with Matt Damon.-why?

Why not? That's how new IPs start :)

Interesting.

MS/Rare announce BK3 launch date for Nov/Dec - extensive demos "its now in the final phases of development". Also, a new IP and Viva Pinata 2 announced.
Xbox 360 redesign announced with 65nm process and new CPU cooling fan to totally cure "failures"
Price drop of $50 (I doubt they'd do $100 quite yet, but I'd have a heart attack if they did)
Fable 2 trailer and extensive videos
New XBLA content revealed - more inroads made with various media outlets to expand content. Tons more game(s)
Capcom to announce new IPs and contuning LP/DR franchises X360-only @ E3
Activision to show exclusive DL content for GH3 and Rock Band
Really out there: downloadable platinum hits - straight to your X360 120gb hard drive. Top sellers Halo 1 , 2, Fable, and others announced. All for 800 MS points.

I agree with the Gears of War 2 trailer - way to keep the ball rolling. Possible Fall 08 release date to co-habitate with Fallout 3 in 08 (my now most-anticipated game of 2008)
Also, MS to show upcoming JRPGs such as Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery, Cry-On trailer, playable versions of Eternal Sonata and Blue Dragon, and maybe another exclusive JRPG from Namco, From Software or D3.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

When is E3 2007 anyway?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.