By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GTA IV Multiplayer, WTF?

I have been trying to play multiplayer for over 40 minutes now.

This is the first time I have tried to play PS3 online.

Im very frustrated with lack of any instructions, etc.

After figuring out how to change the router to let me play online I finally got into the lobby.

I was able to get into one deathmatch game.

Other than that I am just in the lobby watching people come and go.

I have been kicked out and don't even know why.

I have been "ready" everytime.

I always have the crown (king) by my name, does that mean I am the host?

WTF, why can't I play online against people?

I have played 360 at other peoples houses and seen similar crap. Just sitting waiting.....waiting....waiting for a game to start. PC gaming is sooooooo much better. Why can't we just get a list of all the games being played and pick one to join?

Anyway what am I doing wrong?

Around the Network

Nothing, GTA's multiplayer IS shit.

MGS4!

Well I was able to get into free roam first try.

Q_A_X: It's seriously this flawed?

Is the multiplayer this bad for everyone? I kind of got the impression that most people were at least content with the multiplayer...didn't think it was as bad as this sounds.

To Each Man, Responsibility

The multiplayer isn't bad in comparison to other games, I'd say just below average, however, for supposedly the best game of this generation, it's terrible.

MGS4!

Around the Network

If you want good GTA multiplayers , buy San Andreas (PC) , download GTASA multiplayer (which has been developed and updated for years now) and have loads of fun!!.

Far better than the new GTA.

I was able to get into free roam pretty much every time I tired. The other modes.... well no luck at all

Free roam was pretty fun, but its obvious that there are friends in there teaming up against other players. I was ganged up on many times, it was often 3vs1 and I still got some good kills in. Even then it would crash saying something like lost connection with one or more players. What a bunch of crap. I'm very disappointed in this.

I tried some more. Im able to get into free roam, but only for a few minutes then everyone leaves at one time, or I get disconnected and it says something like lost connection with one or more players...

Is this a connection issue for me, or is this common?
If this is common I don't see why people even bother trying to play it.

the multi player was good but it wasnt top notch like some other games

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I've never had any problems playing it online on 360...

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."