By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 2.40 ??? When will it be back?

PooperScooper said:
sieanr said:
PooperScooper said:
rasone77 said:
I've had it since day one and have had absolutely no problems. As other threads have mentioned the problems only effected a handful of consoles.

and it sounded like those problems were from getting disconnected while DL it. Either system getting manually turned off (intentionally or accidentally) or the DL just timing out.

But leave it to sieaner to talk crap about the Ps3... (6.5 for MGS4... enough said)

Yeah bro, it must've been pulled for no real reason.

"everytime i go into chat the network signs me off automatically and people say they can't hear me talking because I'm lagging wayy too much. I tried different things like installing my bluetooth again and whatnot but it still does the same thing. and i can't view anybody's profile! anybody else having this problem?"

Plenty of people complaining about that here: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=3041626&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

But I'm sure those people are lying, or fake accounts (ask MikeB 4 details).

Heaven forbid someone critize MGS4

zigzag317 wrote:

just goes to show you how much better MS is than Sony at this kind of thing... Next-Gen huh.....

SONY + 2.40= FAILURE

Of course its all Ps3 owners. Of course it can't be trolls like PIMP

Someone with 2,700 too

You consider that trolling? Someone saying that MS has done a better job with updates and is pissed off about 2.4?

Not to mention all of the people complaining about these exact same things without mentioning things not even you could misconstrue as trolling.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network
sieanr said:
PooperScooper said:

zigzag317 wrote:

just goes to show you how much better MS is than Sony at this kind of thing... Next-Gen huh.....

SONY + 2.40= FAILURE

Of course its all Ps3 owners. Of course it can't be trolls like PIMP

Someone with 2,700 too

You consider that trolling? Someone saying that MS has done a better job with updates and is pissed off about 2.4?

Not to mention all of the people complaining about these exact same things without mentioning things not even you could misconstrue as trolling.

The trolling on the sony boards is so awful. If someone is looking to piss a bunch of people off you go straight to the source. That is indeed trolling. Of course someone like you wouldn't know that.

All I know is that everyone here and gaf (and as far as I can see SONY boards too) don't have problems. You show me a source that is over whelmed with trolls as proof... coincidence?

and the fact that I looked through about 20-25 pages out of 300 and saw no problems. Except for some obvious trolls.

sieanr said:

Yeah bro, it must've been pulled for no real reason.

we actually have no clue why it was pulled. It could have been pulled untill some games are ready to be patched along side of it. It could be pulled because they were being careful. It could have been pulled because of a small problem.

All I know is I see more people happy with it than not. And I also know Sony hasn't said anything about it yet. I also know you have no clue why it was pulled.

i put the update on my ps3 and it killed it.  is there anyway to fix it? it is 40 g version, i dont put stuff on my harddrive, i mostly just use the bluray

You expect me to believe someone on the Sony forums about the PS3 and its games just uses the Ps3 for a blu-ray player? sounds like the classic "Ps3 owners have no games and just use it for the blu-ray" cheap shot to me (Hell why would someone who uses it as a blu-ray even have it hooked up to the internet) and the guy only has 1 post....

here is an interesting post I found. It proves trolling on sony forum is in large quantities and not a rare occurrence.

But seriously, I am glad 2.40 works fine in all the PS3s Ive installed it on and Im shocked people complained that it broke thier systems! Oh thats right Im not surprised, the Xbots do this every firmware update that comes out and to every big game that comes out as well.

Edit: okay I've gone through about 30 pages (10 posts per page). And I've seen one guy just say "2.4 = FAILURE." I've seen one guy say "I just use my Ps3 as a blu-ray player" and I've seen one guy say "I downloaded it. Had problems when it restarted. I restarted it again, now it works perfecly fine, but when I was playing online I was really laggy" Now that could be his internet connection but he then goes on to say "but who knows maybe that is just because i'm laying with people who have 2.36" and someone said he can't play his CD's on the PS3. (3 fucking complaints out of 300)

And I'm done looking through these post to find anything. and honestly thats ALL i've found. Other than that it's either "when will it be up again?" or "I have no problems"

im not so sure if it will be back

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

The features will be back, it just won't be call 2.40, prolly 2.41.

BTW, I've had no problems with 2.40 since I downloaded it.

I didn't get it, my roommate and coworker both have it, and it works perfectly fine

If perferring the PS3 over the 360 makes me a fanboy.. I guess I am guilty..

List of 360 Games I would like to have: Alan Wake

List of PS3 Games I would like to have: LBP, FFXIII(if it ever comes), R2(maybe)

List of Wii Games I would like to have: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (It's not an exclusive but it would be awesome)

Around the Network

According to sony they havent had any reports of anything after the INSTALL of 2.40.

Everything else is just bullcrap, because if they really had a problem they would have called sony(reported).

mM

Maybe it will but non as 2.40.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||