By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sakurai considers a 'sequel' to Brawl; director't cut?

alpha_dk said:

noname2200 said:
More Smashy. Mmmmmm...Although I thought Iwata had to practically beg him to make Brawl?

I think it was more that he was looking for something to do, and Iwata offered him the most creative freedom (within reason) and the most freedom of production, etc. I don't think he was *opposed* to doing brawl to quite the begging degree.

Here's the story. You can decide for yourself if it was 'begging'

Cool, thanks for the info and the link.

Edit: I would love to know what was going through both of their heads during the interview.

Iwata: "It wasn’t right, but you might even say I used it as a threat of sorts. "

Sakurai: "It certainly had the desired impact!"

Iwata: (laughs)

Sakurai: (Plots to kill Iwata)

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
alpha_dk said:

noname2200 said:
More Smashy. Mmmmmm...Although I thought Iwata had to practically beg him to make Brawl?

I think it was more that he was looking for something to do, and Iwata offered him the most creative freedom (within reason) and the most freedom of production, etc. I don't think he was *opposed* to doing brawl to quite the begging degree.

Here's the story. You can decide for yourself if it was 'begging'

Cool, thanks for the info and the link.

Edit: I would love to know what was going through both of their heads during the interview.

Iwata: "It wasn’t right, but you might even say I used it as a threat of sorts. "

Sakurai: "It certainly had the desired impact!"

Iwata: (laughs)

Sakurai: (Plots to kill Iwata)

1v1, final destination. No Items.  Sakurai chooses Kirby, Iwata chooses Ness. Winner becomes CEO, loser has to spend the rest of eternity working at Ubisoft developing Imagine:CEOz.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

..Super Smash Bros. DS?

Uh... Does anyone read?

"I’d have to draw a line in the sand and have a new approach to make it worthwhile. As long as the fans enjoy it, though, that’s what matters and in the distant future, I guess that might be something I have to consider.”

I don't know about you guys, but I didn't read the part where he says he wouldn't make a new version unless it had a "new approach" and that he "might consider" doing it in the "distant future" to mean a director's cut is coming up.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Shissy said:
..Super Smash Bros. DS?

That seems very likely at this point.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

Around the Network
alpha_dk said:
noname2200 said:
alpha_dk said:

loser has to spend the rest of eternity working at Ubisoft developing Imagine:CEOz.

Man, you play for keeps, don't you? Why not be nicer, and just make the loser get castrated without anesthetics? It'd have the same effect in the long run, but this way you'd at least get it over with quickly.

sadly, I too would buy this day 1. A few more characters, some more stages, and improved wifi and I'd be all over it. Maybe add an adjustable speed option as well so you can make it play closer to melee speeds. That would be ejaculation worthy.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Can you add a mode to make a character, but with the types of attacks, there is a set % dammage? like say if i want to throw a kunai that explodes, when i change my attack to that, it has like say, 15% on it? like that? That would make everyone happy because anyone can have there favorite nintendo charecter, or anime charecter.

Directors' Cut is definitely the wrong way to describe it, i would think, since Sakurai had as much creative control of anyone this side of Miyamoto.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

DLC or retail, I'd buy it.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."