By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GRAN TURISMO: PORTABLE

What happened to this game?  I remember seeing initial previews in magazines and online right before and after the PSP was launched.  This is 90% of the reason I got a PSP in the first place. 

Since the initial buzz, I haven't heard one word about this game since a little over 6 months after the PSP launched.  Does anyone have a clue when this is coming out, or IF this game is STILL coming out?  I remember I kept reading it was getting pushed back, and pushed back, and then NOTHING!!!  I really hope there is still a future for GT:Portable, as I couldn't think of anything better than playing Gran Turismo anywhere AND everywhere I go...GT for the PSP would be heaven. 

Racing games for the PSP are few and far between.  GOOD racing games for the PSP are nonexistent!!!  Hopefully they have just slowed production down on this to facilitate GT5, and they haven't completely killed it off.  Anyone else with me?  Were you guys absolutely stoked when Sony originally announced GT:P, and thus killing off any reservations you had about buying a PSP ?!?!  Damn you Sony, this game would actually SELL too!!!  HURRY UP!!!

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

Around the Network

I think all of the work force probably got relocated to gt5. I was kind of looking forward to this game, but after getting my psp, thinking of having to gas/brake with x and square and using either the d pad or the kinda bad analog stick doesn't really appeal to me.

To add onto cwbys21's comments, I believe the main guy behind Gran Turismo actually mentioned when asked in an interview about Gran Turismo 4 Mobile that all resources were being allocated to GT5 and development would resume after they finish.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Actually onyxmeth, now that you mention that, I think I remember reading that in a magazine a while back too. I really hope that isn't ENTIRELY true, meaning that work on the project isn't completely stagnant as of right now. It is going to be a long wait if they don't even resume development till AFTER GT5 is released, because who knows how far they were in the dev process BEFORE they shifted the work force?!?!

Currently Playing:

No good racers?

I suggest Wipeout Pure or the newer Wipeout Pulse, and Burnout - I own both and they are very fun - There is also Midnight Club and Need for Speed games if you like those kind, but I honestly don't know how good they actually are.

Around the Network

First of all I agree with Aj_habfan . Second of all , I read an interveiew where thgey stated that only a handfull of people are still working on the project , and we will probably only see the game somwhere in 09 ...its not canceled , its just a to big moneymaker to be canceled IMO :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Aj_habfan said:
No good racers?

I suggest Wipeout Pure or the newer Wipeout Pulse, and Burnout - I own both and they are very fun - There is also Midnight Club and Need for Speed games if you like those kind, but I honestly don't know how good they actually are.

Never been a fan of Wipeout myself, and although I do have a lot of fun with Burnout, I should have said there are no good racing sims on the PSP...or even somewhat realistic racers (ie licensed cars/racing series).

Currently Playing:

Might I suggest you to buy Toca 2 or 3 for the PSP if you want a real racing sim ?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Vaporware... I've come to accept that it's not coming.

WEWdeadeye said:
Aj_habfan said:
No good racers?

Never been a fan of Wipeout myself, and although I do have a lot of fun with Burnout, I should have said there are no good racing sims on the PSP...or even somewhat realistic racers (ie licensed cars/racing series).

Let me just say... if you are looking for racing game on handheld, PSP is the only way to go.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)