By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Question about Metroid Prime 3

Is there a lot of backtracking in that game? It's probobly the Wii game I'm most interested in thus far.

Of course Metroid games always have backtraking but in Prime 2 it was just too much. You know what I'm talking about. I thought it was perfectly balanced in Prime 1.

Around the Network

No. There is some, but no where near as much as MP2.

Leetgeek said:

Is there a lot of backtracking in that game? It's probobly the Wii game I'm most interested in thus far.

Of course Metroid games always have backtraking but in Prime 2 it was just too much. You know what I'm talking about. I thought it was perfectly balanced in Prime 1.

Unfortunately...there is not.  It is by far the most linear of Metroid games made to date.  But you do have to figure out where you're going.  Of course, if you're a sissy you leave the hints system on and let the computer hold your hand the whole way through.

Not much (not enough I said).

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

I'm actually replaying it right now XD.
There's just enough backtracking to strike the perfect balance with exploration and backtracking. It's a great game with fantastic graphics and is very polished. Probably the best in the trilogy, I think.

Definitely buy it.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Around the Network

There is a little backtracking but nowhere near as much as in MP2.

Just buy it, it is a great game.

Not much IMO.

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

It's the most accessible of the Metroid games; meaning it's still a very good game, just a little more handholding than in the first 2; easier to figure out. But I guarantee you will have a blast playing through it.

There is far less backtracking from the other games, but you still have some. Its the second most linear metroid game after FUsion.