By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter: Wii 2 (w/ HD) May come in a few years, PS3 to catch Wii in 2011

ckmlb said:
johnlucas said:

Shoot Pachter! This idiot shouldn't even be given a platform to speak.

I'd rather hear the market analysis of Kwaad than this jabroni.

Put him on the same boat as Jack Thompson and Uwe Boll and never speak of losers like that again.

John Lucas

Wii fanatic a little?

I'll refer you to KruzeS's signature:

"Reality has a Nintendo bias."

I'm tired of listening to quarter-assed wannabe market predictors who are nowhere close to seeing what's going on in the industry. So many people follow this guy and he hasn't been right ONCE. He simply doesn't know what the "sheet" he's talking about.

I know people in the forum love the suspense but face it the hierarchy has already been decided. The race is over. Prepare the competitive stuff for the 8th gen 'cause 7th gen is sewn up.

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Around the Network
johnlucas said:
ckmlb said:
johnlucas said:

Put him on the same boat as Jack Thompson and Uwe Boll and never speak of losers like that again.

John Lucas

Wii fanatic a little?

I'm tired of listening to quarter-assed wannabe market predictors who are nowhere close to seeing what's going on in the industry. So many people follow this guy and he hasn't been right ONCE. He simply doesn't know what the "sheet" he's talking about.

I know people in the forum love the suspense but face it the hierarchy has already been decided. The race is over. Prepare the competitive stuff for the 8th gen 'cause 7th gen is sewn up.

John Lucas

I guess you know better then... 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
johnlucas said:
ckmlb said:
johnlucas said:

John Lucas

Wii fanatic a little?

John Lucas

I guess you know better then...

Yeah actually I do. And time will show you.

Check my post history to get a taste......if you dare.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

johnlucas said:

John Lucas

Regards your prediction. "MGS4 won't appear on PS3" is one of my favourite. I also like "Wii will outsell X360 in July" You are right. Time will show. Soon.

johnlucas said:
ckmlb said:
johnlucas said:
ckmlb said:

John Lucas

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
kber81 said:
johnlucas said:

John Lucas

Regards your prediction. "MGS4 won't appear on PS3" is one of my favourite. I also like "Wii will outsell X360 in July" You are right. Time will show. Soon.

He is wrong about outselling the 360 in July but that is going to be far closer than the claims that PS3 fanboys have made about Gundam Musou, Motorstorm, Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Hot Shots 5. From what we can tell from NPD and Media Create the Wii has been outselling the XBox 360 by (approximately) 500,000 units per month without taking Europe into consideration; it sales continue like this through June and July the Wii will be within 500,000 units of outselling the XBox 360 worldwide.

all i said was release a revised version with HD support not a whole new console. It can be done. WOUldn't cost them much to do it.

DRJ said:
It takes time for things to set in.

2006 - PS3 will dominate
2007 - PS3 will come back and dominate at some point IF a bunch of things happen.
2008 - PS3 will get a solid second place far ahead of 360.
2009 - PS3 still has a chance to sell gamecube/xbox levels.

2010 - ... Umm, PS4 will dominate, repeat.

hahahaha, i agree with you

To those of you who say the PS3 has no shot tell me what is the 360 doing that's so great sales wise. Console sales have fell in the US over the past few months even with the release of the Elite model. It's doing, like it's predecessor, horrible in Japan, and is doing at best so-so in the Other terretories. If the 360 was a system trully taking off I might agree that the PS3 is in serious trouble, but the fact is it isn't. It basically gets outsold not only by the Wii and DS everywhere in the world, it gets outsold by the PS2 and more recently the PSP. The fact is right now both HD systems are floundering. The 360 is doing better than the PS3, but that doesn't really mean it's doing as well as it's should be. Come 2008 and 2009 the HD gaming battle will be wide open.

I kind of laugh at those here who think they really know what's going to happen in the console race. I don't claim to know how it plays out long term. Last gen at this time we knew the PS2 was going to dominate. There's no such clear trend this time. The Wii is off to a great start but it's inovation and it being behind technically the other two consoles make it hard to see how long it keeps this momentum. Sony undoubtedly still has a stronger brand name than Microsoft as far as video games, but so far the 360 seems to be winning, though one can argue with the price and game advantages it should be winning by a greater margin. We have one system with a head start that has sold 10 million, another that came out six months ago at over three million, and another inbetween that's selling faster than any console this early on but is so different we have nothing to compare to it on a long term scale. We have no f*cking idea how it's going to play out long term. People should understand this. The only two things that I can say will not happen are:

*The 360 selling the most worldwide

*The Wii coming worse than second

Other than that any order of the three is possible. It could be Wii, PS3, 360 (I lean toward this way). It could be Wii, 360, PS3 (where most people here are probably). Or it could even be PS3, Wii, 360. People here who really think they know any more than Pachter are really snobish little freaks.

Christopher_G2 said:

I kind of laugh at those here who think they really know what's going to happen in the console race. I don't claim to know how it plays out long term. Last gen at this time we knew the PS2 was going to dominate. There's no such clear trend this time.

And this is what people have a problem with. You see, Wii is OUTPACING the PS2 at this time in its life. Yet this time last gen you were PERFECTLY ok with calling the entire gen that was still 6+ years away from its completion.

If you cant see the problem there then I dont know what to say. The console that gets the early momentum does not just evaporate. Ever. And we have the entire HISTORY of videogame consoles to back that up. You have, a hunch...

You are the one with the outlandish claims. Not the people here. 

When you are the one making the longshot predicition that goes against everything this industry has taught us since its inception, it is  YOU that needs to provide some concrete reason for us to give your idea a chance, Not the other way around. With more and more developers on board seemingly every day, and with the popular series like GH and Rock Band coming over as well as outselling its two competitors COMBINED by over 100k units per month, the reasonable conclusion is that its just fine to call the gen now. Saying anything to the contrary is the longshot.

Im not sure whether or not this is a good or bad thing, I just know what I see, and its the same thing Ive seen with every console. I dont have any reason at all to believe it will be different this time. And for the record Ive never said PS didnt have a shot. I dont think it has a shot at 1st place, but 2nd and 3rd have yet to be decided. Wouldnt put money on it though.