By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 3 update 2.4--whaaattt!? It's been removed from servers!

Link

Firmware 2.40 removed from update servers

We're receiving reports that PS3s are no longer updating to firmware 2.40. Consoles currently running 2.36 are stating that there are no available updates when a system update is attempted. It seems that downloading the firmware from the official sites is also impossible. Firefox 404s out on the Japanese, European and American sites. Has the latest firmware been pulled from the net? If so, why? If you're having issues with grabbing the latest update be sure to let us know.

We'll be contacting Sony to find out exactly what's going on, so keep an eye on us for more info. Hopefully soon.

Update: Confirmed. Firmware 2.40 is currently unavailable.
Wowow.

Around the Network

Is the new 2.40 firmware is bricking consoles?  Linkage.

Not funny WoW!!!

err this is something ps3 owners have been looking forward too?
i heard even some rumours it would sell more ps3 consoles...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

DMeisterJ said:
Not funny WoW!!!

I don't know what you're talking about.  ^_^

Around the Network

I know its dissapointing :( but I feel for Sony, rolling out such a critical update to millions of users is not an easy job. According to the reports there is no pattern to the failures and seems to be occuring to random number of consoles. Its very hard to test against such kind of bugs.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Well....this won't end good....

Former something....

Blacksaber said:
Well....this won't end good....

I know!  That's why I made the thread!  ^_^

Think of the vg$!

mine had no problems i gots 6 trophys so far *flex* lol

Incert Witty Comment on how i'm a fanboy of all systems including PC here.

i had no problem either enjoying the new features:)

Be honest with nobody and lie to your self MGS4 best game EVER on ps3 :?!!!!!!!