By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation website infiltrated by hackers

TheRealMafoo said:
reask said:
FJ-Warez said:
reask said:

Just thought I would make people aware. my own pc got infected a few weeks ago and it cost me 170 Euro to get it fixed

Plus major hassle.

PlayStation website infiltrated by hackers, warns security firm // News // GamesIndustry.biz

Somebody rip you off...

im no techy so had no choice it was either that or wipe the hard drive.

May I suggest you get your next computer from here... :)

http://www.apple.com

(actually, buy it from NewEgg, but get a Mac!) :)

See, get a techie friend, somebody is trying to rip you off again...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

170 Euro's? lol

We charge 70 dollars AU at my work :P

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

So basicly you have no knowledge of pcs and yet know with 100% accuricy that it must have come from there? Even when you claim it came from a dodgy email in your original post?

This takes me back to just a few months ago when vgchartz was plagued by these pop ups. Atleast IE users had issues with them, none myself.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

Use FireFox instead of IE. FireFox is far superior and better security than IE.

Gazz said:
So basicly you have no knowledge of pcs and yet know with 100% accuricy that it must have come from there? Even when you claim it came from a dodgy email in your original post?

This takes me back to just a few months ago when vgchartz was plagued by these pop ups. Atleast IE users had issues with them, none myself.

sorry I was,nt implying it came from the playstation site.

I was just saying having been infected myself I did not wish it on anybody else.

Around the Network

Hmm, and as an xbox addict you visit the playstation site daily right? Funny how you posted 232 times since march during a time when pop ups for IE users on this site were very common (and exactly as dangerous as the ones you see now) and you only care to post about virus dangers just now that the PS site got infected.

This thread fails.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Gazz said:
Hmm, and as an xbox addict you visit the playstation site daily right? Funny how you posted 232 times since march during a time when pop ups for IE users on this site were very common (and exactly as dangerous as the ones you see now) and you only care to post about virus dangers just now that the PS site got infected.

This thread fails.

Thats a bit harsh gazz I actually done A thread the time my pc got infected.

the story was on gamesindustry biz if you check the link A pretty reputable site.

It is also on videogaming247 today if you care to check.

TheRealMafoo said:
reask said:
FJ-Warez said:
reask said:

Just thought I would make people aware. my own pc got infected a few weeks ago and it cost me 170 Euro to get it fixed

Plus major hassle.

PlayStation website infiltrated by hackers, warns security firm // News // GamesIndustry.biz

Somebody rip you off...

im no techy so had no choice it was either that or wipe the hard drive.

May I suggest you get your next computer from here... :)

http://www.apple.com

(actually, buy it from NewEgg, but get a Mac!) :)

Sorry, whenever someone points out that macs don't get viruses I always think of this comic =P

Nothing against them personally, its just something that sticks in my brain I guess.

@Gazz,

Tone it down a bit please, no need to get hostile.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Alright Gazz, calm down. Reask is 45 years old, he's not immature enough to make cheap pot shots. He's being pretty considerate and saving many of us possible trouble. If you have to turned everything into a fanboy war then you have the wrong attitude.

Fair enough, my apologys.