By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation website infiltrated by hackers

Just thought I would make people aware. my own pc got infected a few weeks ago(edit: not from the playstation site) and it cost me 170 Euro to get it fixed

Plus major hassle.

heres A link to the site.

PlayStation website infiltrated by hackers, warns security firm // News // GamesIndustry.biz

Around the Network

How did you get infected?  Aren't you using Firefox?

Get your free Malware for your computer at http://www.uk.playstation.com Today!!

No internet explorer. opened A dodgy email by mistake it took over my pc even removing my anti virus software.
This thing was really bad the guy who fixed it said it was the worst infection he had dealt with in a long time.

do you have anyanti virus protection at all

consoles i own ps12 gba ds gc wii

Around the Network
reask said:

Just thought I would make people aware. my own pc got infected a few weeks ago and it cost me 170 Euro to get it fixed

Plus major hassle.

PlayStation website infiltrated by hackers, warns security firm // News // GamesIndustry.biz

Somebody rip you off...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
FJ-Warez said:
reask said:

Just thought I would make people aware. my own pc got infected a few weeks ago and it cost me 170 Euro to get it fixed

Plus major hassle.

Somebody rip you off...

Well,  getting a computer cleaned is a rip off anyway...

FJ-Warez said:
reask said:

Plus major hassle.

Somebody rip you off...

im no techy so had no choice it was either that or wipe the hard drive.

reask said:
No internet explorer. opened A dodgy email by mistake it took over my pc even removing my anti virus software.
This thing was really bad the guy who fixed it said it was the worst infection he had dealt with in a long time.

You should definitely get FireFox. I used to be an ardent IE supporter. Then I started using FF occasionally so I could add boxart to the games database. I never looked back. (If you do get it, get the Adblocker add-on too. No popups, no banner ads. really nice)

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Dude 170 euro? Cause that is a total rip off. I mean beyond scams. Next time find a friend that knows how to and pay him like 10-20 euro to do it