By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 2 New Star Ocean 4 Screens + Artwork

Tayne said:
Riachu said:
Soriku said:
memory2zack said:
Soriku said:
The only problem I (sorta) have with it is...seems a bit too realistic. They should've added a shade of anime style like the artwork but whatever.

Tsktsktsk, you and anime. I also like anime but I´m not picky like that. Can´t you play a game that´s not anime-styled?

Meh...I think I'm trying too hard to compare it too much with Tales of games >_< I mean Tales and SO pretty similarly. Also, SO on the PS1 looked like Tales on the PS1. Same can be said with the PS2 on some ocassions. But now, we have two different things. Compare the SO4 pics to ToV...

I'm not saying it's bad lol I just prefer the other SO's style to this more realistic one (sorta reminds me of GeoW... O_o).

Edit: Btw, I dont' even watch anime lol.

They are going for a more realistic direction because the 360 is allowing them to make the character models that way. It is still anime style, it's just not as obvious as in SO2 and 3

Maybe Namco should follow the FF and SO series and evolve the art style more. I'm sure the masses wouldn't complain if ToV had an art style like SO4.

There is no need to change the art style in ToV.  People so far seem to be impressed by the cel shading of ToV

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
BTW, the difference between NEXTGEN and HD. =)

Your point? Because SO looks way better. That pic with that huge ass guy wins all those pics there. Next.

People, people... I believe Mr. Mrstickball was asking the question rhetorically. I'm sure he is aware at how diverse the two series are and how important FF is.

And Soriku... Just wrong. FF > SO

@DarkPrince: I'm all for the progression of the series, I love where it's going. Sure, XII may have been a bit of a blunder in terms of story but I thought the revamped gameplay was actually quite refreshing. Don't get me wrong though, I'm all for the nostalgia, but the DS is supplying that quite handily.

Anyhow, OT: pearljammer buying a 360 - confirmed

SO,LO,ES and Grandia 3 >>>FF. Certainly from 8 onwards. FF has definatley become quantity not quality. Also if FF is where the good devs go, I'd hate to see the bad ones. Wait they must have worked on Project Sylpheed. lol

Soriku said:
Tayne said:
Riachu said:
Soriku said:
memory2zack said:
Soriku said:
The only problem I (sorta) have with it is...seems a bit too realistic. They should've added a shade of anime style like the artwork but whatever.

Tsktsktsk, you and anime. I also like anime but I´m not picky like that. Can´t you play a game that´s not anime-styled?

Meh...I think I'm trying too hard to compare it too much with Tales of games >_< I mean Tales and SO pretty similarly. Also, SO on the PS1 looked like Tales on the PS1. Same can be said with the PS2 on some ocassions. But now, we have two different things. Compare the SO4 pics to ToV...

I'm not saying it's bad lol I just prefer the other SO's style to this more realistic one (sorta reminds me of GeoW... O_o).

They are going for a more realistic direction because the 360 is allowing them to make the character models that way. It is still anime style, it's just not as obvious as in SO2 and 3

Maybe Namco should follow the FF and SO series and evolve the art style more. I'm sure the masses wouldn't complain if ToV had an art style like SO4.

X_X For the DS. That CG looks really ugly. I'd prefer Namco stick with anime style Tales, thanks.

I agree.  Also, while the anime designs aren't bad, they just don't have the cool factor that Fujishima's designs have

Around the Network
fazz said:
Star Ocean FTW. I agree, who needs Final Fantasy.

Damn, so many good RPGs on the Wii and the 360 lately... I'm seriously thinking on going back to them >_>

Final Fantasy truly is given an underserved tough rep. To me, it is analogous to saying 'Who needs Zelda?' There are so many other awesome action/adventure games out there...

selnor said:
SO,LO,ES and Grandia 3 >>>FF. Certainly from 8 onwards. FF has definatley become quantity not quality. Also if FF is where the good devs go, I'd hate to see the bad ones. Wait they must have worked on Project Sylpheed. lol

FFIX is considered as one of the greats by many fans as is X. So this talk of quantity over quality is merely opinion, and clearly one that is of the minority.

And yes, the devs of the recent FF teams must be of poor quality as you implied. That must be why they are always of poor polish, have terrible graphics, bad framerates, and supar reputations as developers.

One opinion does not make something 'definate'.

Soriku said:
Riachu said:
Soriku said:
Tayne said:
Riachu said:
Soriku said:
memory2zack said:
Soriku said:

X_X For the DS. That CG looks really ugly. I'd prefer Namco stick with anime style Tales, thanks.

I agree. Also, while the anime designs aren't bad, they just don't have the cool factor that Fujishima's designs have

Huh? These designs are made by Inomata, not Fujishima.

I know the designs were made by Inomata.  I just personally prefer Fujishima's art style

i am getting this game on launch day , about ff13 looks very good but graphics can only take it so far, after the horrible ff12. se has alot to prove to me if they want me to buy ff13.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Inomata's designs are better than Fujishima's.

Also, Star Ocean > Final Fantasy.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"