By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 80 GB is now 100% backward compatibilite after 2.40?

i really hope they get teh 40 gg model bc going b/c that means i can buy one sooner

Around the Network

Had they duct taped two PS2 together like the Wii did with two Gamecubes, they wouldn't have the backward compatible problem, would they?

Galaki said:
Had they duct taped two PS2 together like the Wii did with two Gamecubes, they wouldn't have the backward compatible problem, would they?

please, no flamebait.

OT: That's awesome news. I don;t have that many PS2 games (and I have a US 60GB so I don't have to worry about it anyway :P ) I sure do hope they figure out a way to emulate the PS2's EDRAM. that's what's killing them.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

100%? Really? Isn't the 60gb like 95% BC? That means if its true, the 80gb has become the BC beast

SnakeEyez said:
100%? Really? Isn't the 60gb like 95% BC? That means if its true, the 80gb has become the BC beast

Well, no one has officially confirmed the BC is now 100 %. Besides, some games run on the PS3 but still have issues. Examples are the downgrade in quality for the FF XII CGI movies, some games still freeze randomly.

Around the Network
Zuhyc said:
SnakeEyez said:

Well, no one has officially confirmed the BC is now 100 %. Besides, some games run on the PS3 but still have issues. Examples are the downgrade in quality for the FF XII CGI movies, some games still freeze randomly.

I have been playing FF XII for a couple weeks on my PS3 and haven't really experienced issues. I have to try MGS3 again though, it did not work previous to 2.40.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Someone please come up with some non-invasive way for PS2 imports to be played on a NA PS3 :'(

Retrasado said:
Galaki said:

please, no flamebait.

People can't take a joke anymore?

Galaki said:
Retrasado said:
Galaki said:

please, no flamebait.

People can't take a joke anymore?

This is the Internet: abandon humor all ye who enter.

Even my 60gb doesn't have perfect BC--in Indigo Prophecy, I get to a specific scene, and the game just stops. Doesn't crash, doesn't reset, just doesn't do anything. I can still quit the game with the PS button, etc, but it doesn't work.

Besides, Sony would be letting us know if the 80gb had BC with all games.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."