By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Soul Calibur 4 (PS3) - 6.7 GB Install + 2 GB Save

Starmistkarmic said:
Heavenly Sword has an install of 2g, Assassin's Creed has about 1.4g, and Uncharted doesn't even require an install. There's no way a Soul Calibur could be more memory intensive than those games. No, sir, I don't buy it.

i agree. the game install is not even the ridiculous part. it's the 2gb save file! A 2GB SAVE FILE!!!

what developer even lets that happen? is it saving a copy of the game or something?

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
BengaBenga said:
Marty8370 said:
Only gamers that are screwed this gen are 360 owner's. Atleast PS3 owners have the choice of upgrade there hard drives with reasonably price standard 2.5" drives. i've just upgraded my PS3 too 320Gb for only 74 pounds.

My God what a complete waste of server space this reply

That comment was in poor taste but so is yours Benga.  Don't post in a thread just to attack another poster please.

You're probably right, sorry for that, but the 360 bashing is getting completely out of hand and the 360 doesn't even have anything to do with this discussion.

If 360 doesn't have anything to do with this, why did you lock the thread talking about the 360 mandatory install saying it was a double thread?

Alright, 4 gigs isn't that bad, but almost 7? That is just plain ridiculous, especially when coupled with a save file that big. Boo to Namco.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

AJ: I unlocked that a minute after I locked it.

Marty's post was pure bashing out of nowhere. I should have warned him but i didn't, instead I made a stupid comment because I was annoyed. Fine?

BengaBenga said:
Huh, I unlocked that a minute after I locked it

Don't lie...

I just checked before I made that response, you must have just unlocked it.

Around the Network

Unconfirmed.

All this conjecture is based upon one pre-order ad from Yes Asia. No other source available to substantiate this, and yet most of the people responding to this thread have already accepted it is being a confirmed fact.

Never underestimate the willingness of people to believe the implausible.

Use your head. If the game fits on a DVD9, the game is no larger than 8.54GB (more accurately, 7.95GB considering that a gigabyte is actually 1,024MB, not 1,000MB).

"One form of DVD discs that means a single-sided dual-layer DVD disc. DVD-9 can hold approximately 7.95 gigabytes of data, even though marketers like to use the 8.5GB value instead, but this is misleading and is calculated by using so-called "Japanese gigabytes" which means that gigabyte is calculated as 1,000 megabytes, but in real computer terminology, gigabyte is 1,024 megabytes."

So according to some guy who typed in the ad for Yes Asia, the game requires more install/save data space than actual game data itself. Because that's who everybody is believing who has accepted this as a confirmed fact.

DOATS1 said:
Starmistkarmic said:
Heavenly Sword has an install of 2g, Assassin's Creed has about 1.4g, and Uncharted doesn't even require an install. There's no way a Soul Calibur could be more memory intensive than those games. No, sir, I don't buy it.

i agree. the game install is not even the ridiculous part. it's the 2gb save file! A 2GB SAVE FILE!!!

what developer even lets that happen? is it saving a copy of the game or something?

Yeah, no kidding! Basically, that's the part of the story that zaps the credibility of the rest. I think we can agree that the 2g game save is a horseshit rumor/mistranslation on it's face. My biggest gamesave in Oblivion is 5 megs. C'mon, SC4 has 400 times more stuff to keep track of than Oblivion? No dice.

BengaBenga said:

AJ: I unlocked that a minute after I locked it.

Marty's post was pure bashing out of nowhere. I should have warned him but i didn't, instead I made a stupid comment because I was annoyed. Fine?

Wait... you're a mod?

On Topic: Anywho, those figures sound completely absurd. More then likely a typo...

Soriku said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323074

"According to YesAsia.com sales page. Japanese only.

http://global.yesasia.com/b5/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-index/pid-1011073438/

Save data = 2048MB+
Game data = 6700MB+"

2 GB save? lol this game must be big.

Edit: Fixed the link.

What the hell???

Maybe it's actually 2048 kilobytes instead...that would make a lot more sense...

Stop bashing BengaBenga, he's already said he's sorry. You have to pass through me if you want to get to him from now on :P

OT: This is pretty stupid. Screw developers who are treating consoles like PCs.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957