By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Soul Calibur 4 (PS3) - 6.7 GB Install + 2 GB Save

Marty8370 said:
Only gamers that are screwed this gen are 360 owner's. Atleast PS3 owners have the choice of upgrade there hard drives with reasonably price standard 2.5" drives. i've just upgraded my PS3 too 320Gb for only 74 pounds.

Keep drinking the cool-aid bro. Any 360 owner can easily get buy with a 20gb model, no problems.

So I guess we can just add that 100 bucks for a new HD to the standard cost of a PS3?

When we get down too it, there was a reason Microsoft imposed a limit on game installs. To stop this sort of thing from happening.

What are we to assume? That the game just can't load fast enough off a BR disc?

Look at DMC4. The loading differences are negligable yet there is a huge install requirement.

When 360 owners don't have to install anything most of the time, but get the same game, whose the one getting screwed.

Now, as for this game requiring an install on the 360, all I can say is it better not be very large, and it probably won't be. However, if it excludes arcade players, then that sucks.

Still, in general, PS3 owners get screwed over on installs far more often.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Its probably got something to do with the slow seek time of the blu ray drive, even when compared to the slow seek times of other optical drives.

So for a developer seeking higher throughput, better/more consistant seek time and another means of streaming it makes perfect sense.

Tease.

SpartanFX said:
FJ-Warez said:

First, there is no real proof of MGS4 using a full DL-BR disc (You couldn´t found any the las time, just misquotes)

Second, I put the reason already, do you want a good example?? Orange Box for the PS3, crappy load times, not every dev can made optimizations in the way the store the data...

have you heard of learning curve?

bluray is a new technology and like every new technology needs learning curve before people start to optimize it,,,just like dvd in 98.

I can´t help but lol, is just an storage medium, a lot of people have plenty of dev time with optical disk media, learning curve pff...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Squilliam said:
Its probably got something to do with the slow seek time of the blu ray drive, even when compared to the slow seek times of other optical drives.

So for a developer seeking higher throughput, better/more consistant seek time and another means of streaming it makes perfect sense.

The 360 version needs a mandatory install as well.

mM
leo-j said:
Squilliam said:

How big is the install???

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

If this is true and not a typo, I guess I will be passing on this game, I am not wasting that much HDD space for 1 game, specially with only 13GB standard on the Pro Model 360 and only 27GB left on my 60GB. According to this, just the game install + 1 saved game would be 10GB!!! If it even half of that on the 360, there goes your HDD on a Pro model.

I was so close to grabbing and Arcade instead of a Pro model, thank god I got one with an HDD.

Bring to my Wii, at least I know there would no chance of an install.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

FJ-Warez said:
leo-j said:
Squilliam said:

How big is the install???

No word on the size yet.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

This kinda sounds like BS but I guess we'll see.

Looks like PS3 owners are going to start running out of space faster than Wii owners.

i kid!

It says nothing about a 360 install just that you need a hard drive which probably means for online play.