By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Soul Calibur 4 (PS3) - 6.7 GB Install + 2 GB Save

actually that news regarding was in regards to a typo on Xbox.com and the typo has been corrected. So no install on 360.

Around the Network

2GB saves lol. If this is true 2,5" is a big mistake and should be 3,5" like Xbox.

lets wait for more confirmation yeh

Those numbers are BS

http://www.gameguru.in/fighting/2008/02/namco-bandai-speaks-about-soulcalibur-iv-install-size/

Eehhh... If a save-file is 6GB then count me out! Heck, even MGS4 only needs a few 100 kbytes for a save!

EDIT: I heard somewere else that Namco already debunked this rumor~!

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

Poor old Soriku ,always believing the first rumour that he believes  makes the PS3 look bad.

First ,this has been already addresed by Namco.THe figures are "overblow"after Namco sources.

Second ,the same rumour cites that the X360 would need a HD too (so no SCIV for Core and Arcade buyers!) yet the predictable Soriku missed to mention it.

Conclusion :Good try Soriku ,but we all know you and your trollish manners here.

seems like it's actually 2.85GB install and 2 MB save games after all

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=465358

2.85 GB install is still 2.85 GB too much. It seems that as soon as game developers get some storage, they unlearn how to program properly.

A good example:
Final Fantasy VI - 4 Megabytes
Final Fantasy VII - 3 CDs (4 on the PC version)

Even if you remove the FMVs, the game is still over 400 MB. Did the switch to 3D really mean you needed 100 times more storage?

Why SCIV needs any install whatsoever is beyond me, looks like they are doing it just because they can, so they don't have to work on optimizing load times from the Bluray. It's pathetic.

As an earlier poster pointed out, the whole point of a console is that you dont have to do all those annoying things. You should pop in the disc, and it should _JUST WORK_.

So sad.

how big is this game man

Its a fighting game can it really be that big.