By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do sales matter to gamers?

Why do you think this site represents all 'gamers'? Nobody who just plays games and doesn't sit on a forum all day gives a shit about how well games sell. If a game's good or looks cool, people play it.

Around the Network

Because everyone is a fanboy, more or less. Some can handle it, others can not. ;)

Words Of Wisdom said:
Sqrl said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

I'm avoiding a meaningless question because you can't make the analogy that news is akin to video game sales data alone.

News would be more akin to video game sales data and console updates and release lists and much more.

Some of it is highly relevant: Recent crime in your area akin to the console update coming out tomorrow.

Some is somewhat relevant: A new bill coming to legislation akin to release lists for games coming later on.

Some is mostly irrelevant: The scores for all the local sports games akin to video game sales data.

There are people who are totally into local sports but a majority usually aren't unless they're directly involved (children, friends, participation). Likewise, most gamers don't care about sales data unless they're directly involved (chatting on a sales forum).

And no, I'm not trying to confuse you with "big words" but if they do confuse you I can use smaller ones. ^_^

News is largely information pertaining to the direction of political agendas, sales data is information pertaining to the direction of console agendas. How are you not seeing the validity of that analogy?

You know what forget it, its not worth debating about, particularly given the ironic context. If you don't want to answer the question thats your choice, and it speaks loud enough on its own.

Look, you made a bad analogy so I suggested a better one. You continued trying to pressure me into using your bad analogy so I fixed it to actually more closely resemble the situation and now you're saying that doesn't count either.

The Socratic method of arguing worked for Socrates because he could ask the right questions to get his desired answers. You can ask your questions and prepare arguments for the responses as much as you like, but I'm not going to answer a loaded question especially when the question is flawed.

If you don't want to argue, I'm fine with that but saying "forget it" and then continuing to fire feeble arguments reflects very poorly on you.

What argument did I make after the fact?  That you didn't want to answer the question?  Thats a fact not an argument.  There is no need to take shots at me because I won't engage you in a pointless debate.

To Each Man, Responsibility
scydrex said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Only fan boys care about console sales numbers.

Whoa! So that means videogame companies are all comprised of fanboys! Didn't see that revelation coming...

Thank your for sharing this indisputable piece of information with us, Rock on!

The question asked about gamers in General. Most gamers would not work for video game companies. Gamers comprise of every walk of life, man woman and child