By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do sales matter to gamers?

JGarret said:
@highwaystar

I congratulate you on that....if you have the $$$, then why let a stupid fanboyism get in the way of enjoying more games?....The way I see it, multiconsole owners are always 'winners' in every generation.

Why thankyou JGarret

Around the Network

Sales numbers do not matter to gamers.

The reason for this is that there's little you can do to affect them.  You buy the games you like, tell your friends, have fun, and that's about it.  Whether awesome game A sells 100,000 copies or 1,000,000 copies doesn't affect you immediately.  Sure you may not get another awesome game if that one flops but how does knowing its sales numbers change that?  It doesn't.  Most of the people here enjoy looking at the sales numbers and that's why it matters to them.

As a gamer, you continue doing what you do regardless of what sales trends happen to be.

If i really good game doesn't sell well we won't see a sequel and that MATTER to us as gamers.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

i dont know lol. i guess im turining into a games nerd for sure lol

I've always enjoyed looking at sales figures to see how particular products are performing in their respective markets. I'm also an avid gamer. Therefore, I can't lose with videogame sales.

Around the Network
Falcon095 said:
If i really good game doesn't sell well we won't see a sequel and that MATTER to us as gamers.

Except that your knowing the sales numbers doesn't affect it in any way.   Sales will always matter as this is a business after all, but your knowing the sales numbers and following them does not.

its the same thing for penis size and gamerscore

people feel teh need to have something better then the guy next to him

Words Of Wisdom said:
Falcon095 said:

Except that your knowing the sales numbers doesn't affect it in any way. Sales will always matter as this is a business after all, but your knowing the sales numbers and following them does not.

Your purchase of a game has about as much effect as a vote in an election (depends on the scope of the election). So we might as well stop watching the news or following the politics of the world as well then.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Falcon095 said:

Except that your knowing the sales numbers doesn't affect it in any way. Sales will always matter as this is a business after all, but your knowing the sales numbers and following them does not.

Your purchase of a game has about as much effect as a vote in an election (depends on the scope of the election). So we might as well stop watching the news or following the politics of the world as well then.

I actually have. I don't have a TV service (except local broadcasts) anymore. TV + news depresses me.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Falcon095 said:

Except that your knowing the sales numbers doesn't affect it in any way.   Sales will always matter as this is a business after all, but your knowing the sales numbers and following them does not.

Are you saying that following what happens doesn't matter? Boy that sure takes all the fun out of it.