By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 70% of released games are compatible with trophy system

So for multi-plat games, will the trophies be the same as achievements?

Like in BioShock, the brass balls achievement will be the brass balls trophy?

Around the Network

Maybe COD4 will patch trophies and rumble at the same time. One can dream.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Thats good to know, hopefully trophies will be fun.

By "compatible" do they mean out-of-the-box, or with a later patch?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

hopefully patches will be released on the same day the trophies are.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
By "compatible" do they mean out-of-the-box, or with a later patch?

A patch

mM

Guys. these articles were published BEFORE trophies were detailed so anything they say should be taken with

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

nice! cod4 please

I woudn't be surprised if that's the case but I am afraid very few of those games will award trophies retroactively as Sony seems to have designed a system that fight game saves trading ( which is imo a good thing, that is the plague of the 360 system).
So most of the games that had internal accomplishments that will be converted to trophies and were tradeable through saves trade won't probably be retroactively awarding them...

The exceptions I can think to that are :
- Burnout paradise ( see other post quoting their developer)
- DMC4..

Due to the way the medals/emblems are designed in Uncharted/MGS4 I do foresee people being able to trade saves and get trophies easily on those though :( ( you can easilly make a save before getting a hard emblem and trade that one and the receiver could easilly get the emblem in 5 minutes of work as the saves are indeed tradeable in those games). Mainly because the saves don't seem to be tied to the PSN Id at all....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

leo-j said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
^^ Yeah.Hopefully an MGS4 one is already in the works.

I think its already done..

Konami was pushing sony to release trophies at MGS4's launch. Also the only games that support trophies right now meaning from day one are listed on the playstation blog.

These include both warhawk, and super stardust HD.

Do you have the "playstation blog" link?  That could be any site and I'm going to refuse to play a game that doesn't have trophies until it does...  Not that I am a trophy whore, its just it really helps to find some of the hiden things in games when you know what they are...