By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's better, Super Mario Bros 3 or Super Mario World

Dryden said:
SMB3, by a mile.

SMB3 = a bear, you'd leave the console on over night when you went to bed so you wouldn't lose your progress.

SMW = so easy you could beat it the weekend you brought the SNES home.

There was a reason Nintendo raked in the cash hand over fist with that 1-900 help line for game tips that they used to advertise in Nintendo Power. In fact, without the Internet back then you practically HAD to buy Nintendo Power and call that number at 3:00am once you got stuck.

Games back then were tough as nails. Everything after the original NES, combined with the proliferation of crap like Game Genies? Not so much.
Or, if you were worried that you parents were going to murder you for making a 1-900 call, you walk around aimlessly untill you "solved" the problem. I was stuck in Metal Gear for NES for a over a year I think and was stuck in 2nd quest for Zelda for about 2 years.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Around the Network

I'll tell you what was a great game, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. It brought back the exploration and great level design from 3 along with fantastic art direction.

Who remembers the "kneel in front of this apparent dead end until something happens" event trigger in Castlevania II? The "prayer" clue was obscure and you had to sit there for quite a long time before it took effect.

Mario 3 here, although I loved Mario World as well. Hell, I loved Sunshine and enjoyed the slapped-together Mario 2 as well. :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Mario 3 FTW!

Around the Network

SMB3, I definitly enjoy that game...

I miss the Tanooki Costume.

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
ddobson said:
Who remembers the "kneel in front of this apparent dead end until something happens" event trigger in Castlevania II? The "prayer" clue was obscure and you had to sit there for quite a long time before it took effect.

OH SWEET JESUS PLEASE STOP! I HAD ALL BUT FORGOTTEN!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Ah, it's a close call of the best one off one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.

But I would have to say Super Mario World.

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

Super Mario 3.
It was just perfect, had everything you could want in a platformer. Super mario world was very good, just too easy. The secrets in Super mario 3 were much better too.

Super Mario 3. I liked Mario World a lot but I have to give the edge to Mario 3. Its all about the suits.