By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - What should I spend my money on?

Basically, over the next few weeks I've got myself a job in which I'd be earning myself a grand. Just as the job finishes, I'm also going to America where I can make use of the shitty dollar and fill me some suitcases.

Now, I'm already planning on getting:

PSP GoW Edition
Daxter
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters

2 DS3 controllers
Battlefield: Bad Company
Heavenly Sword
The Darkness
Possibly DMC4/Burnout/Folklore

This all comes to around £200 leaves me with ~£800 to spend

I'm also planning on spending around $400 (£200) on clothes whilst I'm out there, leaving me with ~£600 ($1,200), but I don't know what to spend it on.

My phone is fairly old (k750i) but I love it, and I'm not a big phone user, anyways. I'm loving my PC and I'm not upgrading any components until next year, I could do with a HDTV in my room, but I'm not sure if I want to drop all of my cash on one item that I don't really need.

I was looking into the Zune a few months ago, however I already have an 80gb iPod (5.5g), any advice on that area?

So, any ideas?

Around the Network

hookers and blow?

Games I am looking forward to:

PC: Diablo III, Fallout III, Stacraft 2, Spore, Empire: Total War, American McGee's Grimm

360: Madden 09, Fable 2, Left 4 Dead, Blood Bowl

“Go ask [Blizzard president] Rob Pardo if PC gaming is dead – if he can take the time out from making money hats, I’m sure he’ll give you a really eloquent explanation of why probably the most valuable entertainment franchise of the moment is PC-specific.” - Gabe Newell

Keep some to bribe the Customs officers if they stop you on your way back! lol.

How exactly were you planning to take a HDTV with you BTW?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Balls, just realised I posted in the wrong category. Any way of moving it?

i don't know maybe iphone 3g it should be about £100 when it comes out

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network
Cougarman said:

Do American phones support all the good standards like GSM and 3G?

NJ5 said:

I was only going to gert a 22-26", anything else is too large for my room. Easily fitted into a suitcase.

Bah, customs is useless, I mean, they have one guy on duty, and they're just on the lookout for fags.

NJ5 said:
Cougarman said:

Do American phones support all the good standards like GSM and 3G?

The new iPhone does.

I wouldn't mind getting one if it wasn't for that ripoff contract. £40 per month, or something stupid.

SamuelRSmith said:
NJ5 said:

I was only going to gert a 22-26", anything else is too large for my room. Easily fitted into a suitcase.

Bah, customs is useless, I mean, they have one guy on duty, and they're just on the lookout for fags.

Well I wouldn't recommend checking in a TV...

1- It might get stolen by airport employees.

2- It could easily get ruined... Maybe if the box has good padding it'd be fine though.

But well, you're not going for the TV so forget it.

You could always buy some small valuable things and resell them when you get back (for a hefty profit but still below retailer price). Cameras for example, which you don't even need to check in. Then you can buy your HDTV in UK with the profit.

NJ5 said:
SamuelRSmith said:
NJ5 said:

Well I wouldn't recommend checking in a TV...

1- It might get stolen by airport employees.

2- It could easily get ruined... Maybe if the box has good padding it'd be fine though.

But well, you're not going for the TV so forget it.

You could always buy some small valuable things and resell them when you get back (for a hefty profit but still below retailer price). Cameras for example, which you don't even need to check in. Then you can buy your HDTV in UK with the profit.

I could do that, but I could always run the risk of them not selling, and I don't like risks, they don't call me safety Sam for nothing, you know. In fact, they don't call me safety Sam at all.