By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - What should I spend my money on?

rudyrsr8 said:
You realize that all the consoles are region locked right? The handheld games are not. Maybe buy some handheld games that arnt out in Europe yet. You can probally buy rechargable batteries for your 360 if you want. If you like Rock band or Guitar hero i recomend buying the equipement in the US it is cheaper and should be compatible.

The PS3 isn't region locked for most games as far as I've heard.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
rudyrsr8 said:
You realize that all the consoles are region locked right? The handheld games are not. Maybe buy some handheld games that arnt out in Europe yet. You can probally buy rechargable batteries for your 360 if you want. If you like Rock band or Guitar hero i recomend buying the equipement in the US it is cheaper and should be compatible.

Neither the PS3 or PSP are region locked for games.

Just be careful you don't get caught at customs when returning to UK with £800 worth of goods because if you bring in an item or combination of items valued at more than £145 then you must pay customs duty and VAT on the full value of all the items after the first £145.

NJ5 said:
SamuelRSmith said:
NJ5 said:
Just one thing about the laptop idea - is the UK keyboard the same as the US keyboard? I ask because one thing which is pretty annoying to me when using foreign laptops is the keyboard.

I think they're 99% similar, I think they lack the £, @ and " are swapped around, and # is in place of £, I believe.

Shouldn't cause too much trouble, Mac users have to put up with it anyways.

What's more, I can just change the keyboard layout in Windows settings, and just get some new stickers for the keyboard.

Then the laptop sounds like a great idea, if you can anticipate using it.

The only thing which you should take care with when buying electronics in USA is the power brick supported voltages/frequencies. However, I think most (or all?) laptop power bricks support 100-240 V and 50-60 Hz, so that shouldn't be a problem. You can always ask the store clerk to show you the label on the power brick, which should state it quite clearly.

Even if I did end up with an incompatable power brick, they'd only be like £10 here, anyways.

llewdebkram said:
Just be careful that you don't get caught at customs when returning to UK with £800 worth of good because if you bring in an item or combination of items valued at more than £145 then you must pay customs duty and VAT on the full value of all the items.

Well, I was planning on unboxing most of the things and using them. I'll just say that I came out with them, different items will be in different suitcases and stuff, aswell.