By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - BMI Index? Ha

bmi is crap, its sad some people take it seriously these days.

Around the Network

i didn't mean anything by it, except you would be more healthy at 180-200 rather than 230. I think even you can agree with that, it doesn't mean you are a fat man. As everyone has said there are so many variables that you have to consider. Basically what i'm trying to say is that you are more at risk for disease, and the chances are you will not live as long as that weight.

I guess i just have a problem because America is the fattest nation in the world by far, and "normal" in America does not mean that you are healthy by any means.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Well, I wear baggy jeans and I'm not gonna strip down to my underwear at work. I'm lucky no one caught me when I did those three photos. As for you assessment on my weight, no I wouldn't. It would take a starvation diet and heavy excercise for me to get below 215lbs (98kg). I was 197lbs when I graduated high school. I was fit and in shape and I was carrying 20lbs less of muscle mass then. If you have to barely eat to maintain a weight it is unhealthy. My dad, R.I.P, had a lot of muscle mass and both my brother and I inherited it. Once both he and I hit about 24 years of age our weights went up and our waist sizes did not. I was in worse shape than I am now 3 years ago and I was 210lbs (96kg) then. I haven't seen under 200lbs in 6 years, going on a starvation diet I was able to get down to 193lbs (88kg). I looked terrible. My optimal weight is about 215lbs (98kg). I need to lose 10 to 15lbs and 2 inches (5cm) off my waist.

BMI is ridiculous.  Remember, according to BMI Arnold Schwarzenegger is obese!

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

You look fine to me. I'm about 178cm, and weight about 90kg. I'm a little overweight at the moment, and intend to get back down to my regular weight of around 82-85kg.

The people I would call obese, are IMO really obviously obese. Huge beer guts hanging out the front, etc.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099