By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft is in a unique situation. This E3 and the next 6 months critical.

Fei-Hung said:
"Out of all the three consoles the 360 holds the most nex gen features aside from a large disc storage medium the 360 is in the best position to expand it's abilities"

who are you trying to kid? 360 has the most next gen features? i own a 360 and a ps3 and my friends owns a wii. I can assure you having played each one of these consoles the 360 has one next gen feature and that is its graphics card! other then this it offers nothing new compared to the ps3 or wii. You sure u haven't got a 360 mixed up with something else? hehehehehe ur funny.

As for Expanding its qualities: yeah, i think every console has the possibility to expand. The difference is for the 360 to stand par with its rivals (in the context for next gen features), it will have to do a lot of expensive expanding.

Also i have been going over what new offerings e3 may bring to both the ps3 and 360 (i cant be bothered keeping both anymore :s i'm planning to replace one of them with a wii) and from the top 10 put forward by sony and MS, its Sony that is offering more exclusives (7/10).

The difference between me and you guys is, i dont give a sh** bout sony or MS and therefor i dont end up talking crap due to fanboy loyalty. from all the comments i have come across on this site SCAT398, ur comment comes across like a line from a spoof film made by the wayans brothers after a night out drinking until they have lost all sense. Although i have to thank you since it was most amusing. Humor is something which we lack in todays society and you done a very good job humoring us. Thank you.

My friend you live in fantasy land.  Software is what drives nex gen features and it is in this area that the 360 backed by MS that has the most ability to expand.  As much as Sony may want to keep up with MS in this department they are simply are not a software company and they have limitations in that area.  MS has ability to create new features through software that just aren't going to happen on the PS3.

Sony does have some good things going it for it.  Blu Ray is great, and the console can do some great things with games. It's features will continue to expand with Home and the new update, but it will always be one step behind.

But please don't come in here and say you've looked at my posts and determined you've got me all figured out.  Let me help you in the world of understanding me.  I like games, I have a 360 and a Wii, and if I lose the wife some day I'll probably have time for a PS3. 

Do you actually think because the Wii has motion controls it is more nex gen?  I would hope not or I guess that would actually explain your entire post.  Which one of us went out drinking before they posted?

Around the Network

^^^crap just checked you forum history and "ban fine". You can ignore what I just wrote, you don't deserve an actual response, just go back to the Sony Forum.

^^LOL, maybe he called someone a jackass like I did. But I agree with some of the things you said scatman.

sony will always owne microsoft

playnext3 said:
sony will always owne microsoft

Sounds dangerous...is it spanish?

Around the Network

@scat wow big deal i got a fine on a website for some reason or another. That will surely bring my life to an end wont it! now what do we do!

If I just correct you on a few things- Im not a Sony fan, I'm a fan of video games. hence the reason Gears of War and Dead or Alive on the 360 are one of my favorite games. Even on the xbox (which i still own), chronicles of riddick, forza and project gotham are some of my highest ranked games from the previous generation.

The only thing which angers me about microsoft is what they did with the xbox. As soon as the 360 was released it cut of all and any support for the 360. The xbox could have done so much better had they not done what they did. What IF (please remember this is a "IF" statement), some how things go horribly wrong for the 360, will they cut the 360 loose as well?! What will they do when Sony decides to make in house games that really start pushing the Cell processor making MS games look inferior in comparison? Will MS say "don't worry, we will be shipping our xbox 720" or please nw buy this accessory to bring ur 360 to spec.

As many of you have pointed out, its the games library that helps consoles sell. Well its not just the library but the variety of games. The ps2 did well thanks to its dance mats, microphones and buzzers for games. Not only did it offer huge variety of games but also offered a variation of game play mechanics. It had games which appealed to a huge variety of different audiences.

As for SOny being behind on sales, it serves them right for taking as long as they did in releasing their console and then getting it all wrong by releasing half decent games for a console so pricey. however, prices will fall and blue ray will become cheaper. More so then anything else, the library will increase and the option of different games available will to. With games making full use of the eye toy, six axix and the blu ray storage. unlike the xbox which only had a considerably shorter life span, i wouldnt be surprised if the 360 has the same.

Im a person who doesn't like to be conned and so far i feel like with the 360 I will be. It is only my opinion and therefor only matters to me, but with the amount of "IF's" that go un-answered, I have a valid reason to doubt MS.

handicapped would be one way to see the battle between the 2 consoles, but I see better the eastern philosophy a better fit; you wake the sleeping giant and it will destroy you. Short lived glories are inevitable failures. If MS dont do something good soon, the only people left with a 360 will be its fanboys. Whether i'm drunk or stoned whilst I write this post, the truth remains. As it goes for anything else in the world, you keep up, or you fall behind.