By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - There is less than 600 pc threads created.

weezy said:
ssj12 said:
Cracksmoke said:
That's because you cant get amazing exclusive games like Bioshock or gears of war on PC.

We have the best versions of those. Plus Crysis, World of Warcraft, Warcraft 3, StarCraft, StarCraft 2, Diablo 2, Diablo 3, Sam and Max, The Movies, The Sims, AudioSurf, Gish, etc.

Final Fantasy 1-6, 8-10, 12-13, Every Super Mario ever made, every Zelda ever made, every Metroid ever made, Kingdom Hearts 1-2, Dragon Quest 1-9,Super Mario RPG, every Super Smash Brothers, Earthbound, every Mario Kart ever made, Ninja Gaiden 1-2,Wii fit, Metal Gear 4, and a countless other millions, I couldnt remember them all just called me and they are laughing.

;)

Funny how you bundle games from several consoles just to beat the PC.

Let's do an experiment, shall we compare 2008 exclusives lineups from each platform (Wii, PS3, 360 and PC) to see which has the best lineup this year? I'll start with PC:

2008 PC BIG Exclusives:

SPORE
Starcraft 2
Empire: Total War
Crysis Warhead
Dragon Age
Space Siege
Guild Wars 2
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
World of Warcraft: Wrath of Lich King
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
Storm of War: Battle of Britain
GTR Evolution

Other 2008 Good PC exclusives:

Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor (94% on Metacritic, as much as MGS4)
Sins of a Solar Empire (88%)
Audiosurf (85%)
TrackMania United Forever (85%)
Trials 2: Second Edition (83%).
Civilization IV: Colonization

Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir

Jagged Alliance 3
Disciples III
Multiwinia
Worldshift
A Vampyre Story
Immortals of Terra
Still Life 2

Love
Secret Files 2
King's Bounty: The Legend
Drakensang: The Dark Eye
Afterfall
Not the Time for Dragons
The Broken Hourglass
Deathspank
Ragnarok Online 2
Crazy Machines 2
Ground Branch
Battlefield Heroes
Quake Live
Zeno Clash

Natural Selection 2
Global Agenda
Chrome 2
Lone Wolf: Flight from the Dark
Fallen Empire: Legions
Fez
Gish 2
Finnwars 2
Limbo
American McGee's Grimm
Digital Combat Simulator: Black Shark
Jumpgate Evolution
Infinity: The Quest for Earth
Microsoft Train Simulator 2
iRacing
Motorm4x
FIM Speedway Grandprix 3
FIFA Manager 09
Fritz 11

There are over 200 exclusives for PC, but I wouldn't list them all.

PC has the 3 biggest games, on all platforms, of 2008: SPORE, Wrath of the Lich King and Starcraft 2.

Around the Network

here is a couple quote's

In my favor of course :)

“I don’t see it dying, but I do see it taking a back seat to consoles, especially with games delivering first to the consoles, presumably to sell hardware,”
-Douglas Peterson, a PC gamer and software engineer

"There’s more. LucasArts, a longtime PC developer, is now focused on console game development. The company’s much-anticipated “Star Wars: The Force Unleashed” will ship this summer for all game systems except PC"
-Kristin Kalning, Games editor

"What’s driving the PC right now is Sims-type games and ‘WoW’ and a lot of stuff that’s in a Web-based interface,”
-Clifford Bleszinkski designer

“We’re big PC fans, but we definitely see, when you go to the computer store, that little rack of PC games, It’s definitely a big change from five years ago, when there was a whole wall of PC games.”
- Sid Meier, Game Creator

Oh and this

Easy or not, PC game sales were dwarfed by consoles and console games in 2007 at least at retail. PC game sales accounted for $911 million in revenue — a relatively small percentage of the $18.8 billion sales seen by the industry overall, according to the NPD Group.

Ouch :)

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Dont forget HL2:Ep3 is rumored =P

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

needs more.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

weezy said:

here is a couple quote's

“I don’t see it dying, but I do see it taking a back seat to consoles, especially with games delivering first to the consoles, presumably to sell hardware,”

"There’s more. LucasArts, a longtime PC developer, is now focused on console game development. The company’s much-anticipated “Star Wars: The Force Unleashed” will ship this summer for all game systems except PC"

"What’s driving the PC right now is Sims-type games and ‘WoW’ and a lot of stuff that’s in a Web-based interface,”

“We’re big PC fans, but we definitely see, when you go to the computer store, that little rack of PC games, It’s definitely a big change from five years ago, when there was a whole wall of PC games.”

Oh and this

Easy or not, PC game sales were dwarfed by consoles and console games in 2007 at least at retail. PC game sales accounted for $911 million in revenue — a relatively small percentage of the $18.8 billion sales seen by the industry overall, according to the NPD Group.

This is the dagger in ssj's motherboard.

:)

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
weezy said:

here is a couple quote's

"There’s more. LucasArts, a longtime PC developer, is now focused on console game development. The company’s much-anticipated “Star Wars: The Force Unleashed” will ship this summer for all game systems"

Oh and this

weezy, the NPD does not track bundled games or downloads. The NPD's accuracy for PC game purchases is like asking them how many copies of GT5P was downloaded, they couldnt tell us.

valve:

http://news.bigdownload.com/2008/05/23/doug-lombardi-pc-gaming-is-not-dead/#comments

MicroSoft:

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/blog/post/686531/Microsoft_PC_Gaming_is_Not_Dead.html

EA:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2008/05/eas_riccitiello_still_sees_pc_opportunities-2.html

Article:

http://www.videogamer.com/features/article/05-05-2008-394.html

I win =P

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

The money in PC gaming these days is in subscription services.

Blizzard has the best business plan in that respect with WoW and as they shift additional franchises to MMO subscriber formats.

Valve has been able to carve out a great niche for themselves with Steam, which is probably a strong portent as to the direction PC game distribution is heading to as a whole. Are they raking in billions due to direct to drive distribution? Stock says no, but the service is still very successful.

But as far as retail sales go, that roughly 1bn to 19bn comparison is pretty much a no-brainer argument for both developers and retailers in respect to where the focus of the gaming market has shifted.

No need to worry, once D3 is released I will personally double the thread amount with character builds. :)

Shouldn't take long considering how lacking in life the forum area is.

I think the reason this forum area is the least lively though may be due to the reason that they probably play their games instead of talking about them like console users seem to do.

We have alot of WOW players who don't have enough spare time in their busy lives to know what forums are anymore.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

ssj12 said:
weezy said:

here is a couple quote's

"There’s more. LucasArts, a longtime PC developer, is now focused on console game development. The company’s much-anticipated “Star Wars: The Force Unleashed” will ship this summer for all game systems"

Oh and this

weezy, the NPD does not track bundled games or downloads. The NPD's accuracy for PC game purchases is like asking them how many copies of GT5P was downloaded, they couldnt tell us.

valve:

http://news.bigdownload.com/2008/05/23/doug-lombardi-pc-gaming-is-not-dead/#comments

MicroSoft:

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/blog/post/686531/Microsoft_PC_Gaming_is_Not_Dead.html

EA:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2008/05/eas_riccitiello_still_sees_pc_opportunities-2.html

Article:

http://www.videogamer.com/features/article/05-05-2008-394.html

I win =P

Lol while Weezy post articles about how consoles are getting stronger than PC and consoles are more and more the future you post articles about  'PC is not dead'.....If someones says 'PC is not dead' it means that it is not doing good...

The gap is huge between PC and consoles of Retail sales in revenue I really wonder if the PC games micro transactions, subscriptions close that gap and then you also not may forget that Xbox live, PSN and Wii's shop channel is also making a lot of money.

shio said:
weezy said:

Final Fantasy 1-6, 8-10, 12-13, Every Super Mario ever made, every Zelda ever made, every Metroid ever made, Kingdom Hearts 1-2, Dragon Quest 1-9,Super Mario RPG, every Super Smash Brothers, Earthbound, every Mario Kart ever made, Ninja Gaiden 1-2,Wii fit, Metal Gear 4, and a countless other millions, I couldnt remember them all just called me and they are laughing.

;)

Funny how you bundle games from several consoles just to beat the PC.

Let's do an experiment, shall we compare 2008 exclusives lineups from each platform (Wii, PS3, 360 and PC) to see which has the best lineup this year? I'll start with PC:

2008 PC BIG Exclusives:

SPORE
Starcraft 2
Empire: Total War
Crysis Warhead
Dragon Age
Space Siege
Guild Wars 2
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
World of Warcraft: Wrath of Lich King
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
Storm of War: Battle of Britain
GTR Evolution

Other 2008 Good PC exclusives:

Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor (94% on Metacritic, as much as MGS4)
Sins of a Solar Empire (88%)
Audiosurf (85%)
TrackMania United Forever (85%)
Trials 2: Second Edition (83%).
Civilization IV: Colonization

Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir

Jagged Alliance 3
Disciples III
Multiwinia
Worldshift
A Vampyre Story
Immortals of Terra
Still Life 2

Love
Secret Files 2
King's Bounty: The Legend
Drakensang: The Dark Eye
Afterfall
Not the Time for Dragons
The Broken Hourglass
Deathspank
Ragnarok Online 2
Crazy Machines 2
Ground Branch
Battlefield Heroes
Quake Live
Zeno Clash

Natural Selection 2
Global Agenda
Chrome 2
Lone Wolf: Flight from the Dark
Fallen Empire: Legions
Fez
Gish 2
Finnwars 2
Limbo
American McGee's Grimm
Digital Combat Simulator: Black Shark
Jumpgate Evolution
Infinity: The Quest for Earth
Microsoft Train Simulator 2
iRacing
Motorm4x
FIM Speedway Grandprix 3
FIFA Manager 09
Fritz 11

There are over 200 exclusives for PC, but I wouldn't list them all.

PC has the 3 biggest games, on all platforms, of 2008: SPORE, Wrath of the Lich King and Starcraft 2.

Come on weezy, konnichiwa, wfz and everybody else, I wanna see you guys compare the 2008 Lineup of each console platform against PC's to see which has the best (PC easily wins, obviously)