By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - It's Official Diablo 3 announced

Incredible news! I can't wait for this game, loved the two previous ones to death! And I am beyond relief that it is not an MMO... Whew!

Around the Network

I'm glad they're keeping alot of what made Diablo 2 awesome. But the inclusion of the Witch Doctor likely means they're taking away Necromancer from the games :( i loved my Lagomancer

shio said:
I'm glad they're keeping alot of what made Diablo 2 awesome. But the inclusion of the Witch Doctor likely means they're taking away Necromancer from the games :( i loved my Lagomancer

Don't you dare go there..

Slimebeast said:

Blizzard are so damn aware of which gameplay elements appeal to the primitive brain. They use all sorts of tricks that trigger the human brain's reward system.

I say it's both good and bad. You get a kick from playing them, but if you think about it in hindsight your experience has been very shallow with Blizzard games - á la WOW. Blizzard make shallow games that take no skills. You don't need a brain to play them (except for their RTS online of course, if you wanna win).

You said good and bad, where is the bad? Last I checked, gaming was a form in entertainment. It was something we did to pass the time. To embark in something enjoyable.

Gaming is not an activity that requires depth or thought. If you enjoy depth and thought, then there are games designed that you can play.

Thinking a game is somehow more a game because it has depth, shows a lack of it in the thinker.

Finally a great game in my favo genre.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Neos said:
DMeisterJ said:
never played Diablo.

What is it?

Ya know, sometimes in life you wonder if you have missed something good, something beyond amazing, right?

this is one of those times.

But I'm not a PC gamer!  :'(  My lappy can't handle games.

dude, unless your Laptop was made 10 years ago, it can run Diablo 2. The game released about 8 or 9 years ago.

Do yourself a favor, and get it. Of course, dont expect to stop playing it for a long, long time.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

I'm loving some of the changes. Environmental Destruction FTW!

The game looks so stunning and fluid

Diablo 3 looks like Titan Quest (which was very boring) only with good sound and music. Generic hack'n slash with loot.

It pisses me off that people praise this POC but have the stomach to bash Oblivion.

LOL Its obvious that you never played Diablo 1 or 2. Diablo doesn't look like Titan Quest. Titan Quest was a bad rip-off of Diablo. There is no game I sank more hours into than Diablo.

The key difference between Diablo and Oblivion: Diablo is fun. Oblivion was boring. Impressive but boring.

Kyros said:
Diablo 3 looks like Titan Quest (which was very boring) only with good sound and music. Generic hack'n slash with loot.

It pisses me off that people praise this POC but have the stomach to bash Oblivion.

LOL Its obvious that you never played Diablo 1 or 2. Diablo doesn't look like Titan Quest. Titan Quest was a bad rip-off of Diablo. There is no game I sank more hours into than Diablo.

The key difference between Diablo and Oblivion: Diablo is fun. Oblivion was boring. Impressive but boring.

I wouldn't say Titan Quest was a bad rip-off, but it definitely wasn't as good as Diablo 2. Titan Quest and Sacred were the 2 best Diablo Clones Imo.

were the 2 best Diablo Clones

Possibly I just was a bit disappointed with it. I mean it looked great but the gameplay didn't fit. The biggest thing about Diablo was its polish. Two million different weapons, rings, enemies, spells etc. and everything done to perfection. These are the things Blizzard simply excels in. Translation: I can't wait.