By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Microsoft losses an exclusive, PS3 gets a (second?) WRPG

http://ps3.thegamereviews.com/story-1426-Sacred-2-Coming-to-PS3.html

Sacred 2 Coming to PS3

Sacred 2, the sequel to 2004’s Sacred, will now being coming to the PS3, according to an announcement from Ascaron Entertainment. The game was originally announced for the Xbox 360 and PC, but the team revealed today that a group has been working on a PS3 version for over a year, and the game will be ready to launch alongside its brethren on Sony’s console.

Sacred 2 is a third-person action RPG, featuring drop-in, drop-out co-op and an overworld map which is actually larger than that of Oblivion. In announcing the plans for a PS3 version, Heiko tom Felde of Ascaron noted that "role-playing enthusiasts have always been strongly represented on the Playstation platforms," a tradition which the company hopes to continue.

While the game may not be the biggest name on the block, fans of RPGs will likely be pleased by the announcement, given the conspicuous lack of titles for the genre on the PS3. Hopefully, Sacred 2 will give PS3 owners something to chew on until the eventual release of Final Fantasy 13.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

This is good news for sony. The PS3 really needs some good RPGs to combat the 360s RPG lineup. FFXIII by itself simply isn't going to cut it.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

I wish they focus more on action adventure games like uncharted(lol sorry RPG is not my thing in any shape or form),,,

but it should be a good news for PS3 owners that like RPG.

BTW, forgive the typo in the heading.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

This is good new for PS3 owner who enjoy RPG. (I know I am one of them)

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"
Around the Network

Actually no but this is interesting. It renders at 1920/1080 on the PS3 and 1280/720 W/2xAA on the Xbox360 *Currently*. They are still optimizing the game. This is according to a PS3 Sacred 2 developer who signed up on Beyond3d.

so *Currently* the Ps3 has an advantage somewhat over the Xbox360, but we won't know if A they have to scale that back to 720 for whatever reason or B they can increase the resolution on the Xbox360 to 1920/1080. FYI, thats the same number of tiles required as with 2xAA so it could be quite possible as they are currently optimizing the game.

I said they are still optimizing the game 2 times and this is the third time, so we don't know what the final render will be at.

Tease.

2xAA (which the PS3 doesnt do) does take framerate down. So I doubt 360 version will be 1920/1080.

selnor said:
2xAA (which the PS3 doesnt do) does take framerate down. So I doubt 360 version will be 1920/1080.

Dude, the PS3 does do 2xAA!!! There are a heap of games that use that mode. COD4 is one of them.

Also your um argument doesn't hold together, If 2xAA takes the framerate down therefore it won't be rendered at 1920/1080? Holy $%^^& thats quite a leap.

They are still optimizing it, so the PS3 could go back down to 720P due to framerate limitations, the 360 could increase to 1080 or they could stay as they are.

"_"

Tease.

Damn, i was expecting some big chock, but only this, hehe.

Sacred is an awesome game!!! Sacred ftw!

Tease.