By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hirai: ‘True’ next-gen titles are only on PS3

leo-j said:
I wouldnt say that, I think he is acting optomistic.

Though were else can you get both nexgen visuals and motion controls in one game?

You're falling for an empty buzzword.  Define "next-gen" for us.  We're all in the 7th gen.  There is no next gen.  The 7th gen covers the DS, PSP, N-Gage, 360, PS3, and Wii.  If you prefer a combination of HD grafyx with motion controls, that's completely legitimate, but to call it "true nexgen" is like calling it "4-D gaming."  It's just empty words in a fake attempt from the last place console to marginalize the success of the competitors that won't let Hirai sleep at night.

Around the Network

I swear this guy posts at VGChartz.

thanks ghost for that..i needed to here some common sense in what is a very uncommon war

What if it is multiplatform?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

@OP

If MGS is true next gen I'll have none of that - I remember a time when next gen meant getting away from long loading times. Seems we are getting back to old gen.

The fact you have to sit there around 7 times for roughly 3 - 8 minutes each waiting for snake to stop smoking kills that games presentation.

Motion Controls? I could use the same excuse sheep would use back in the day about gimmick.

In MGS there was no need for six axis as every time you used it It was just a remap and what it was originally mapped to had no function now.
So far even the most competant delivery has been 'gimmick'. Of course maybe I'm being too hardcore no?

Other than that' yea it was definetly nice to look at - but they should of spent more time on the textures - you'd see them bend and start moving around from time to time.

But personally if that's what the PS3 is aiming for (rhetorical I know that's what they are aiming for, they actually believe that's the right way to make a game.) then I throw in the towel, next-gen is too much for me.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

Well, maybe next gen in capabilities of having more content and detail in games due to the amount of data a bluray disc can hold, but personally from my experience (I own a PS3, 360 and Wii) Super Mario Galaxy has impressed me the most in innovatin out of any game on all 3 systems.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

you thought by now they would have learned that the only people that enjoy hearing this is the diehard fanboys that need a buster shot to teh poor egos b/c teh wii is taking them out back to the wood shed on a regular basis....

this does nothing but turn off the people that would want to buy your product and turn on the people that should really take some time away from your product before they start to get more attached then what is healthy and soon start to here the ps3 talking to them and telling them to do bad things......

only place to have next gen visuals in a game, that is the biggest bs i have heard in awhile. their isnt a single game out on the ps3 or currently in dev for the ps3 that the xb 360 cant handle. as for the motion controls statement, the ps3 ds3/sixaxis controller cant do true motion controls like the wii mote can, period. all u get with motion controls for the ps3 are tacked on crap controls. the ps3 has the best over all package if u want a high def-movie/game system/all in one package. but if u want motion controls u get a wii,period. u want fps games and rpg's u get a xb 360. that statement might change but it will be awhile for before it does.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

TRUE.

Uncharted, Ratchet, MGS4, GT5, FFXIII - NEXTGEN!

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

All hail the ps triplez it's the true next genz.