By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hirai: ‘True’ next-gen titles are only on PS3

CrazzyMan said:
TRUE.

Uncharted, Ratchet, MGS4, GT5, FFXIII - NEXTGEN!

You're forgetting Lair, Haze, Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire, and Heavenly Sword.

Also, SMG, SSBB, Metroid, Zelda, and GTAIV.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Yeah,
1080p in Lair - amazing graphics and great controls(not for casuals though)!
Heavenly Sword amazing too(but short..)!

Haze and Gundam? -> 3rd party trash.

Also, SMG, SSBB, Metroid, Zelda, and GTAIV.
GOOD Games with PASTGEN graphics.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:
Yeah,

You do know graphics don't make a game nex gen. Also all of those games except zelda have graphics that weren't capable on last gen systems, or would run poorly on last gen systems. So I wouldn't call it last gen graphics.

Oh, so I guess then GTAIV on PS3 is last-gen?

Are you actually trying to defend Lair? Anyone who has that game will tell you it sucks. It has broken controls, not difficult gameplay.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

music to my ears.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

Around the Network

@dtewi--no that game is the godness you just must be a noob that cant play games right crazy?

sc94597 said:
CrazzyMan said:
Yeah,

You do know graphics don't make a game nex gen. Also all of those games except zelda have graphics that weren't capable on last gen systems, or would run poorly on last gen systems. So I wouldn't call it last gen graphics.

It's no use arguing with him.

CrazzyMan is what happens when Logic divides by zero.

YEAH, sure,
Then God of war 2 is Nextgen, Shadow of Colossus is Nextgen, FFXII is Nextgen and etc.
Just because, ssbb or mario kart got released on wii, this doesn`t makes these games nextgen. They could easy be released on GC.

Lair is great(NOT for casuals).
GTA4 graphically sux comapred to getaway 3. And many people stopped playing GTA4 after few days-weeks.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

So now it's:

Wii - Past gen
Xbox 360 - Current gen
PS3 - Next gen
PC - $4000

Awesome.

CrazzyMan said:
YEAH, sure,
Then God of war 2 is Nextgen, Shadow of Colossus is Nextgen, FFXII is Nextgen and etc.
Just because, ssbb or mario kart got released on wii, this doesn`t makes these games nextgen. They could easy be released on GC.

Lair is great(NOT for casuals).
GTA4 graphically sux comapred to getaway 3. And many people stopped playing GTA4 after few days-weeks.

Mario Kart maybe, if they took out the bloom effects and textures, but ssbb would not run on the gamecube at 60fps which the game needs. It would look far worse, and you would have to take out alot. Also both of these games are more technically impressive then all of the games you mentioned. Mario Kart wii also offers something that you couldn't get last gen which makes it next gen. SSBB you could argue is a last gen game with better graphics, but most good wii games bring something new that couldn't be done last gen.