By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Edge: Ninja Gaiden II walks all over DMC 4 and God of War

Euphoria14 said:

Link to article - http://xboxkings.com/index.php?site=news_comments&newsID=1147⟨=uk

Includes scans from the Edge magazine containing the review for NG2.

OMFG, read this guys and look at the BS remark by Edge.

"Edge acknowledges that NG II is a hardcore game and even go as far as to say that Team Ninja has a gift beyond the vast majority of developers in the genre. Edge also encourages hardcore gamers to fully support Microsoft, because without them, hardcore gaming could be a thing of the past."

Ninja Gaiden isn't bad, but to say it walks all over DMC and GOW is a bit extreme. IMO this artile reeks of bias.

"The fighting engine is quite without equal in the genre"

"It makes DMC4 feel like a wasted opportunity and God Of War an over-bloated spectacle"

Opinions?

Once again, sorry if already posted.

I'm sorry guys, but everything he said is 100 percent correct. GoW shouldn't even be in the running in this genre, and DMC4, while good, was way to shallow compared to say DMC3 or NG2.

Let's not kid ourselves. If NG2 had a perfect camera, it would be a AAA title.

I'm playing through it right now. The game is really far more badass than the reviews make it sound, and you guys know me to give legitimate reviews, not to mention that this is my favorite genre.

However, that said, I am in the "hardcore" section of this genre, so the title appeals to me.

Like I said, visitors to the genre should stick to the relatively easy and shallow DMC4.

NG2 looks better, plays better, and is far deeper and longer than DMC4, GoW2, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Those are about as close to facts as opinions get.

Now, does it have a worse camera? The only game with a better camera from that list is GoW2.

Is it cheap, hard as hell, and hardcore to the bone. Oh hell yeah.

This isn't something to get offended about, if you've ever actually played NG2, you wouldn't be so upset at what he says.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Euphoria14 said:

Link to article - http://xboxkings.com/index.php?site=news_comments&newsID=1147⟨=uk

Includes scans from the Edge magazine containing the review for NG2.

OMFG, read this guys and look at the BS remark by Edge.

"Edge acknowledges that NG II is a hardcore game and even go as far as to say that Team Ninja has a gift beyond the vast majority of developers in the genre. Edge also encourages hardcore gamers to fully support Microsoft, because without them, hardcore gaming could be a thing of the past."

Ninja Gaiden isn't bad, but to say it walks all over DMC and GOW is a bit extreme. IMO this artile reeks of bias.

"The fighting engine is quite without equal in the genre"

"It makes DMC4 feel like a wasted opportunity and God Of War an over-bloated spectacle"

Opinions?

Once again, sorry if already posted.

I'm sorry guys, but everything he said is 100 percent correct. GoW shouldn't even be in the running in this genre, and DMC4, while good, was way to shallow compared to say DMC3 or NG2.

Let's not kid ourselves. If NG2 had a perfect camera, it would be a AAA title.

I'm playing through it right now. The game is really far more badass than the reviews make it sound, and you guys know me to give legitimate reviews, not to mention that this is my favorite genre.

However, that said, I am in the "hardcore" section of this genre, so the title appeals to me.

Like I said, visitors to the genre should stick to the relatively easy and shallow DMC4.

NG2 looks better, plays better, and is far deeper and longer than DMC4, GoW2, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Those are about as close to facts as opinions get.

I really want to like hack'n slash but so far I've gotten bored after just 30 minutes or so on every game I've tried.

Anyway, what do you mean by "deep" in regards to a hack'n slash?

I tend to go by what the users think and the users do not agree with all that was said in this review.

As level headed as people may think Edge is, a comment like "Microsoft doesn't need you as much as you need them." is just utter BS.

What did MS do besides publish this game? If Sony published this would that mean the hardcore need them more than they need the hardcore? Hell would they make this comment if it was on the Wii?

^ I second the question of the above poster. What is so deep about it? There is nothing to strive for in that game. It is basically just mindless hack and slash.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Seriously. You gotta be a man to play Ninjagaiden. GoW and DMC are a 12 year old boy's fantasy. aka, for wimps.

1.Ninja Gaiden*best*

2.Devil May Crap.*ok*

3.Todd of War*wimp*

btw the thread title should have been,

Ninja Gaiden II shits all over DMC 4 and God of War

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

weezy said:
Seriously. You gotta be a man to play Ninjagaiden. GoW and DMC are a 12 year old boy's fantasy. aka, for wimps.

Ninja Gaiden has caused more TVs to break than the Wii Remote.

True story.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
weezy said:

I guess the vast majority will be wimps then.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

NJ5 said:
weezy said:

Ninja Gaiden has caused more TVs to break than the Wii Remote.

True story.

I was tossing my controller due to Ninja Gaiden since I started playing it on the NES.

True story.

Personally, I loved the series so much more when it was a side scroller.

Currently playing:

I agree. DMC4 and GoW aren't bad games by any means, but they're not much compared to NGII, which isn't even as good as the original.

DMC4 has flashier graphics and a storyline that's just as inane and poorly executed, while GoW has Greek mythology for people too stupid to read a book. Those who appreciate gameplay will always choose Ninja Gaiden.

Desroko said:
I agree. DMC4 and GoW aren't bad games by any means, but they're not much compared to NGII, which isn't even as good as the original.

DMC4 has flashier graphics and a storyline that's just as inane and poorly executed, while GoW has Greek mythology for people too stupid to read a book. Those who appreciate gameplay will always choose Ninja Gaiden.

For people too stupid to read a book?

I'm sorry some people enjoy Greek Mythology and it helps to make it a more enjoyable experience.

Just as Valkyrie Profile was great with it's Norse based storyline.

By the same token we could just say Ninja Gaiden is for people too stupid to read and follow storyline in a game.

Personally I find it quite enjoyable to know why I am going wherever I am going and storyline. As much as I loved Ninja Gaiden back in the day, I can't find enjoyment in doing nothing but hack and slash with absolutely nothing to point you in whichever direction your supposed to go, and even worse... why I am heading in that direction other than XXX Ninja is going after Hyabusa for XXX reason and Hyabusa must stop him.

Currently playing:

I enjoy Greek mythology too. Not the bastardized idiocy of God of War, however.