By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Edge: Ninja Gaiden II walks all over DMC 4 and God of War

wfz said:
Selnor, I'm sure combat is the most important part, but it is very possible that people will like the pacing and combat style of GOW more than NG. How good the combat is is really subjective. Again though, if you have the exact same standards and tastes then you can compare, but I don't see how you can accurately compare without that basis.

NJ5, alright I didn't know. I've only played NG2 on my friend's 360. Either way I think my point still stands, you can't compare the two unless you have common standards and tastes.

Yes but in a world where that is nearly impossible, it's fair to say the closet we will get is comparing genres.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Phasma said:

Im getting sick of this thread :D.

Translation: I'm fresh out of bullshit to post.

Nice nice, but really stfu :D

baph72 said:

You don't have the braincells to own me in any way, man.

lol.

I hereby declare that this post needs more pics:

One more, wait for it...

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

in my opinion:

dmc>>>>ng>>GoW

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Hahahhahahaha that is pure win!

Selnor, while you are right, it will still be hard to compare games with people who have very different tastes than you. Comparing games for your own personal taste and for people who have similiar taste is doable, but there will be people who have different tastes and prefer different styles. I'm just saying that this is the reason why these threads can't really go very far. When someone comes in and has different tastes than you, not much can be done from that point on.

Instead of debating which game is better, why not just say that both games are great in their own ways and good for different people with different tastes?

I think that's what's wrong with review systems (not just videogaming, but every one). They have a certain standard and expectation when they review, and since people can different entirely on that subject, reviews only work well when you share a similar taste to the reviewer.

Around the Network
selnor said:
Kratos said:
Yup should not have used that list, Halo 3 better than MGS4 is just bogus.

Sorry guys :P ignore my according to gamerankings post.

But in my opnion GOW>NG>DMC
Oh i thought the combo system was excellent in God of War 2, its very well done that you can keep making combo's while switching to magic or a other weapons. When you use magic in NG it feels slow to be honest, its the same with switching weapons.

ANd i feel that god of war is faster paced in my opinion.
You have to be joking. GOW faster. Oh dear. After playing NG2 GOW and DMC feel like a dvd on slo mo. Seriously that comment has no substance lets see some video footage shall we? The combat is the most important part of these games and NG2 is head and shoulders above the rest.
God of War 2

And Ninja Gaiden 2

As you can see there is no comparison, NG2 is so much faster and has way more combos as well as finishing moves. I have finished both recently and it was easily clear to me.

Dude its my opinion, not allowed to have one? Oh thanks for showing old E3 footage of god of war 2, that also contained mostly climbing parts. But anyway my opinion not gonna change it, i am sorry for having one.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Why is this thread still going?

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

ZenfoldorVGI said:

So, quanitatively, you consider metacritic a good guide to compare games?

I think you say things that you don't really think through, friend.

Think of the implications of allowing someone like me to have free roam over your favorite games, while being allowed to destroy them by using metacritic(or to the industry standard gamerankings). Let me give you an example:

Wall-E is a much better movie than Pulp Fiction. Wall-E has a Rotten Tomatoes score of 97% Wall-E is in fact, the best movie ever made.

Whoa, now.  Why you be picking on Wall-E?  While it may not be the best movie ever made, it is indeed a fantastic film, and I would also contest that it is superior to the third-best Tarantino film.

Just my opinion, of course.  :)

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Why the hell is this thread still going?

JaggedSac said:
Why the hell is this thread still going?

A few people didn't know what they were talking about, then somebody corrected them, and it mushroomed from there.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.